Isaan girls

Kenny202

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Is she a singer or songwriter? Never heard of her.

555 Alice is a guy. 

Hard Rock and Heavy Metal,  55 million records sold. Started in 1970 - currently.

People love or hate his music. Great golfer also.

Google him.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lostinisaan said:

The she is a he...

Looks like a she to me, I know, a Thai ladyboy with a Farang name. I cannot see a Farang male using a female name.

It is not even a name which can be used by both genders.

7 minutes ago, bark said:

555 Alice is a guy. 

Hard Rock and Heavy Metal,  55 million records sold. Started in 1970 - currently.

People love or hate his music. Great golfer also.

Google him.

Hard rock and heavy metal???? That's not music, that's just pure noise.

Can you make out a melody to it? I certainly can't.

4 hours ago, Headgame said:

Make sure your friend reads the following (previously posted).

Headgame’s 14 Rules to Live By (for older guys with a young TGF)

These rules have been “field tested” and have proven to be very effective. Like all rules, there will be exceptions.

1     1. NEVER GET MARRIED.

2. Love is for teenagers – grow up.

3. Do not confuse contentment and happiness with love.

4. Do appropriate research before entering a cohabitation relationship. That does not mean having lots of sex. That means, researching like you would before making any investment.  Know what you’re getting into before you get into it.

5. You are not Sir Galahad. You can never save anyone else from themselves.

6. Do not ever overstate your financial situation. Never lie, just be very vague.

7. If you’re going to be providing any financial support, set a realistic monthly allowance for your mate at the outset of any period of cohabitation.

8.  Be prepared to ALWAYS SAY NO when the inevitable requests are made for any additional money. Be prepared because those requests will happen.

9. Never be vague about requests for extra money, i.e. “I’ll think about it” / “Maybe”. JUST SAY NO. You can always change your mind when you’ve had a pressure-free opportunity to think about it.

10. If your sweetie gets all twisted up because you said no to something, just tell her that you understand she’s upset and she has 24 hours to get back on track or she can go home to mommy or whatever.

11. Mean what you say, and say what you mean.

12. If your sweetie is lazy, either adjust your expectations or walk. It will NEVER get better.

13. If your sweetie is prone to ridiculous and unprovoked temper tantrums, then recognize you just chose the wrong lady. Either pack her up or pack yourself up. Either approach requires decisive action.

14. NEVER be weak or indecisive.

By now you should know these rules but if not, read, then memorize and apply. Live long. Live happy.

You really touched all the bases. Sadly you have to get past the infatuation stage first and reach the reality level before this makes sense. I have pretty well followed your template but tend to fall into the Sir Galahad bit once in a while. Life has been a good teacher and yes love is for the young common sense for the elderly. At my age I often think back and wish I had gone to the doctor at 18 years of age and had my tubes pinched. It took me 2 kids and 15 years of marriage to reach that decision. Sex is brief and uplifting but 18 years of child support can be rough. 

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Hard rock and heavy metal???? That's not music, that's just pure noise.

Can you make out a melody to it? I certainly can't.

Wow. These are the kind of comments my dad would have found embarrassingly old-fashioned.

4 hours ago, Headgame said:

Make sure your friend reads the following (previously posted).

Headgame’s 14 Rules to Live By (for older guys with a young TGF)

These rules have been “field tested” and have proven to be very effective. Like all rules, there will be exceptions.

1     1. NEVER GET MARRIED.

2. Love is for teenagers – grow up.

3. Do not confuse contentment and happiness with love.

4. Do appropriate research before entering a cohabitation relationship. That does not mean having lots of sex. That means, researching like you would before making any investment.  Know what you’re getting into before you get into it.

5. You are not Sir Galahad. You can never save anyone else from themselves.

6. Do not ever overstate your financial situation. Never lie, just be very vague.

7. If you’re going to be providing any financial support, set a realistic monthly allowance for your mate at the outset of any period of cohabitation.

8.  Be prepared to ALWAYS SAY NO when the inevitable requests are made for any additional money. Be prepared because those requests will happen.

9. Never be vague about requests for extra money, i.e. “I’ll think about it” / “Maybe”. JUST SAY NO. You can always change your mind when you’ve had a pressure-free opportunity to think about it.

10. If your sweetie gets all twisted up because you said no to something, just tell her that you understand she’s upset and she has 24 hours to get back on track or she can go home to mommy or whatever.

11. Mean what you say, and say what you mean.

12. If your sweetie is lazy, either adjust your expectations or walk. It will NEVER get better.

13. If your sweetie is prone to ridiculous and unprovoked temper tantrums, then recognize you just chose the wrong lady. Either pack her up or pack yourself up. Either approach requires decisive action.

14. NEVER be weak or indecisive.

By now you should know these rules but if not, read, then memorize and apply. Live long. Live happy.

You really touched all the bases. Sadly you have to get past the infatuation stage first and reach the reality level before this makes sense. I have pretty well followed your template but tend to fall into the Sir Galahad bit once in a while. Life has been a good teacher and yes love is for the young common sense for the elderly. At my age I often think back and wish I had gone to the doctor at 18 years of age and had my tubes pinched. It took me 2 kids and 15 years of marriage to reach that decision. Sex is brief and uplifting but 18 years of child support can be rough. 

Just now, Gecko123 said:

You need to look in one. Your constant self-satisfied judgments are becoming rather tiresome.

Surely if you felt strongly enough about it to personally attack me, you can be a little more specific than that?

Is your 'mirror' comment intended to imply hypocrisy on my part? How so?

1 minute ago, SoiBiker said:

Wow. These are the kind of comments my dad would have found embarrassingly old-fashioned.

If a person is a real musician, he will be able to make out a melody no matter how old he is.

That's if there is a melody there and not just boom boom and thud thud with sceechy voices.

and no, I am not referring to bedroom antics here.

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

I'm sure there are plenty of love based relationships in Thailand. They don't seem to be so easy for foreigners to establish though.

Most older foreigners (men and women) have done the 'love based relationship', it usually doesn't last and it's strictly for the young. Love (between a man and woman) is intimately connected with sex and reproduction, once a woman reaches 40, that's pretty much finished. Most of the men posting in this forum are well past 40, their days of 'love' are over.

1 hour ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

You need to open your eyes and put down your sacred Thai culture book. Thai women are nationalist. They understand and support each other. Stranger or not they can trade information with ease and if you are around and know a little Thai they will switch to "isan" language. They will trade your personal information too. So don't feel so sorry for your mate. If any man wants to know what girl he has just stop giving her money and see her action. Not many true love relationships in Thailand. Thai women are devoted to your ability to care for her and family because this is a family based society not a love based society. 

Correct, and there's nothing wrong with that.  Marriage is like a contract -- "you takecare me' and "I takecare you".  Much better than the Western system of Love/Blind Trust and waking up 20 years later to find that your wallet has been ripped to shreds by some feminist judge.

Research, research, research.  I had a few Thai GF and many Thai lovers before marring my wife of 13+ years. I completely trust my wife now but not when I first met her. I suspiciously watched her every step for the first 3 years. I gave her freedom, I wasn't a control freak, but I payed close attention and constantly verified what she told me. I never caught her in a lie, she proved financially responsible to take care of herself, and again, i never caught her in lie. 

I suggest your mate, or any western guy considering an investment in a Thai girl, do similar research. Buyer beware, but good ones are out there, probably better than ourselves. 

Just now, possum1931 said:

If a person is a real musician, he will be able to make out a melody no matter how old he is.

That's if there is a melody there and not just boom boom and thud thud with sceechy voices.

and no, I am not referring to bedroom antics here.

Clearly a record that came out some 45 years ago is a little too modern for you!

Sometimes this place just blows my tiny mind.

2 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

Most older foreigners (men and women) have done the 'love based relationship', it usually doesn't last and it's strictly for the young. Love (between a man and woman) is intimately connected with sex and reproduction, once a woman reaches 40, that's pretty much finished. Most of the men posting in this forum are well past 40, their days of 'love' are over.

I'm past 40, and I think that's nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, blazes said:

Correct, and there's nothing wrong with that.  Marriage is like a contract -- "you takecare me' and "I takecare you".  Much better than the Western system of Love/Blind Trust and waking up 20 years later to find that your wallet has been ripped to shreds by some feminist judge.

Let me see - a forum full of men who take to boorishly objectifying and paying financially-challenged women in Thailand for sex like ducks to water behave as if their previous relationships back home collapsed because of failings in their partners???!!!

Yeah, I believe them

No, really, I do

1 minute ago, Agent Sumo said:

Let me see - a forum full of men who take to boorishly objectifying and paying financially-challenged women in Thailand for sex like ducks to water behave as if their previous relationships back home collapsed because of failings in their partners???!!!

Yeah, I believe them

No, really, I do

From their point of view, they probably did - their wife failed to adhere to their comically-outdated concept of what a wife should be. Or did something really shocking, like get older as time passed.

4 hours ago, MissAndry said:

All old foreign guys living in a Thai village with a much younger Thai girl are alike.

Two great posts from Gecko and Headgame.

@Kenny, your misses gave out as much info as she received.

Exactly,that's how you get the goss.My missus can bs when she has to and to shut down a bragger wife of the only other farang in my viilage she told her i was a millionaire.Next day the farang is around asking why i am still working.Took a few minutes to work that one out.

3 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

From their point of view, they probably did - their wife failed to adhere to their comically-outdated concept of what a wife should be. Or did something really shocking, like get older as time passed.

The feminization of the Western male proceeds apace, I see....

2 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Dude, a real man can cope with a real woman.

Resorting to using the word "dude" is a confession that the argument is lost.  Ad hominem and all that.

I recall Basil Fawlty saying to Sibyl, in hospital to have an ingrowing toe-nail removed, "I can cope, you know."

I'm not sure you know what ad hominem means.

Either way, it's scarcely relevant when I was responding to your post implying that I was somehow feminised.

My point is, that those of us who are comfortable with our masculinity are capable of relating to a woman without belittling, denigrating or infantilising her. Those who can't? Well, they often seem to end up in Thailand these days.

10 minutes ago, blazes said:

The feminization of the Western male proceeds apace, I see....

Truer words were ever spoken.

It gets worse by the year.

There is a town in my home state of Colorado that is quite liberal and the men are thoroughly emasculated and the women are most definitely in command.

Its astonishing.

My Wife is also shocked when asked these same questions... 

Most of my Friends are married with respectable, well educated women who'd never consider such questions polite. 

However, it does sometimes happen...  and unfortunately, the times it has happened its been with a women of questionable repute with one of my older friends or acquaintances...  The questions are usually about how much money my Wife is given, what I have bought her etc... 

My Wife finds it difficult to understand how these girls can't judge the social situation and recognise that these questions are highly inappropriate...

It's unfortunate that these girls are socially uneducated in normal circles... but equally unfortunate that the guys they are with also are unable to recognise these flawed social mores in their respective others... 

Now... all that said, I find that in Thailand there are numbers of questions which we in the West find inappropriate but seem normal here... either that, or, those who ask such questions are not shut down, because that would be impolite !!!... 

Just a couple of months ago my Wife, Son and I were in a Pharmacy when a Female Monk (White Robes, shaved head) approached my Wife and started 'interviewing her'... asking her how long we'd been together?, which University she'd attended? How old we were? what was my Job? etc...  This was quite an uncomfortable situation for me and I stepped in a politely excused us. 

I asked my Wife why she was answering such questions: My Wife didn't wish to be impolite, however, I pointed out that the Female Monk asking the questions was first impolite by asking invasive questions - just politely respond, sorry, thats personal....

And there is the answer - People have a different tolerance for what is acceptable and what isn't. Amongst some, these questions are not considered invasive or impolite...  I suspect the difference lies primarily with education. 

8 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Truer words were ever spoken.

It gets worse by the year.

There is a town in my home state of Colorado that is quite liberal and the men are thoroughly emasculated and the women are most definitely in command.

Its astonishing.

OK well put it this way

Would you want a man who comes to Thailand, shacks up with the first deadbeat with commoditised genitals, pays her a salary, builds a house on her land to shelter her extended family and buys a car in her name to be in command of anything?

So many losers here want to be "the boss" or be "in command" when, to be honest, they've no business being in charge of anything beyond emptying their bladders.

Archived