August 31, 201610 yr Hello everybody, I recently went to Savannakhet border where I did get (without any proof of financial on my bank account by the way) a 1 year non immigrant O visa multy entries. While crossing the border back to Thailand the Thai customs stamped my departure card mentionning I am admitted until 18 November 2016 (my visa is valid until 16 august 2017). What does it means ? Should I go again to the border every 90 days or it is possible to get a real 1 year visa at the immigration bureau in Bangkok ? Many thanks for your advice.
August 31, 201610 yr A multiple entry non-o visa only allows 90 day entries for a year. Your stamp is correct. You could apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa at a immigration office.. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.
August 31, 201610 yr Author Thank you very much it is clear. However, do I have the option to cross the border and get an other 90 days stamp ? I am asking that because I do not have the 400 000 THB in a Thai bank account .
August 31, 201610 yr You visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year. You just have to leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day entry. You can cross a border and then turn around and come right back.
August 31, 201610 yr 1 hour ago, flichtre said: Thanks again unbonjoe. What a tedious process!!! Note that you can make one "out/in" just before the "enter date" on your visa, and get a last 90-days permission-to-stay stamp - obtaining nearly 15 months from that visa. And yes, the out/in every 90 days is the price for not showing funds (and other paperwork - varies by office) for the 1-year extensions.
August 31, 201610 yr If you are the spouse or parent of a Thai you can extend any 90 day entry, once per entry, by 60 days at your local immigration office for 1,900 baht. If you make a final entry, close to or on the expiry date of the visa (16/08/17), you'll get a final 90 day stay even though the visa expires during that 90 days. This entry can also be extended by 60 days. If you maximise the visa/extension of stay you can get nearly 17 months from this visa. Edited August 31, 201610 yr by elviajero
August 31, 201610 yr You visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year. You just have to leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day entry. You can cross a border and then turn around and come right back.From Kanchanaburi, what is the easiest border to exit then re-enter? Do I need a Burma visa?
August 31, 201610 yr I would normally say the crossing at Ban Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi would be the closest but the latest reports are that you need a visa for Myanmar to do the crossing. They would do a border pass before. Try and keep up to date on the crossings status. The next choices are to Cambodia at Aranyaprathet (Poe Pet) or Mae Sot to Myanmar (they do a border pass for 500 baht).
Create an account or sign in to comment