Is it an Africa Twin, GS or Tenere? Nup, it's a bloody scooter!

BBJ

We've known for some time that Honda had an adventure scooter in the works. They unveiled the "City Adventure" concept at EICMA last year and then, this last July, released the first teaser for the upcoming scoot.

http://www.cycleworld.com/heres-better-look-at-hondas-silly-adv-scooter

Probably do well here if they release it!

honda-city-adventure-concept.jpg

Edited by BBJ

Wont do well if it costs 384k like the Integra scooter (used to cost a ridiculous 500k). I at least don't see any of these on the street. And I guess it should be priced above the Integra so wont fly here I fear.

I don't intend to spend 400k for a scooter with 55HP that can't even fit a fullface helmet in the storage compartment.

I see the target demographic as people who want to tour and explore the land a bit but don't want to or can't handle a proper bike. Might be a good commuter too. If only it had more storage capacity so you could go shopping with it... oh and the Integra weighs 238kg with a full tank! This new one wont be much lighter. Very heavy for normal scooter duty.

The NC750X gives you better handling (bigger wheels), more active riding position, funnily more storage capacity (fake tank) and all that for less money.

I applaud Honda for trying this concept but it misses a couple points that would make it a great bike: storage, weight and price.

There are tons of bikes coming out of Japan that make no sense, they have learned from the likes of Macdonalds and Starbucks. You can any old shit if you market it well to the young... just make it cool/trendy.

That's okay but a lot of these things cost lives... many of the kids here are screaming around on these Monkey Bikes. They are both fast and quite unstable, two days ago a kid doing over 100kph hit a bus.......gone. 

Scooters were originally designed to be a simple commuter vehicle, designed to keep the well dressed rider away from the oily bits. That's why the Mods chose them, speed was never the issue, arriving clean and tidy was the whole point.

Maybe the new breed of "Adventurers" just want to keep clean....... 

DILLIGAD: I think what Macknife is saying is that if that thing had the same design and ergonomics but cheap components and a 150cc engine in order to bring the price down, it would be a seller up country.

I guess that's a valid point.

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

DILLIGAD: I think what Macknife is saying is that if that thing had the same design and ergonomics but cheap components and a 150cc engine in order to bring the price down, it would be a seller up country.

I guess that's a valid point.

Exactly this.

A converted style PCX that you could take off road etc would do quite well here up country.

• 2 weeks later...

– All-New 2017 Honda Motorcycle / Scooter goes from Concept to Production as the ‘X-ADV’ –

It’s finally official! Honda has let the cat out of the bag on this All-New model that started as a Concept Motorcycle / Scooter a year ago at the 2015 EICMA show! Want to read up more on all of the information regarding the X-ADV to date with patent documents, spy photos etc? Check out all of those previous blog post

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2017-honda-x-adv-dct-automatic-motorcycle-scooter-announcement-released?utm_medium=email&utm_source=flipboard

Edited by BBJ

This bike looks like a bet gone wrong at Honda management.

Words like "automatic" transmission and "offroad" usually aren't said in the same sentence.

Some clown is going to try and take it on a real offroad adventure just to die coming down a mountain with no engine braking.

A scooter posture with such a high CoG seems a bad idea too; this will be tough to maneuver in stopped traffic.

Styling reminds me of a Multistrada.

6 hours ago, ttakata said:

Words like "automatic" transmission and "offroad" usually aren't said in the same sentence.

Some clown is going to try and take it on a real offroad adventure just to die coming down a mountain with no engine braking.

I think by now the Africa Twin has convinced people otherwise.

I see now, this is like the Africa Twin with DCT.

I just saw scooter and automatic so thought it was a belt driven automatic with a variator like a PCX, but didn't bother to look into the details.

My bad, I guess it should be OK to take down hills.

I see forums as a good place to learn new things and today was one of those days.