Tablet for a kid

dick turpin

You don't say where you are located but you can actually find a selection at a Big-C or Lotus.  The important thing will be making sure there is a good, protective case made of jell like material available for the tablet you select. If the store doesn't have in stock, there is a large selection on Ali-Express for most major brands.

BTW, "TECLAST" tablets get a lot of good reviews.

Gorilla glass is worth the extra price as well.  I bought some cheap 7" tablets for kids and the glass display was the first thing to break.  If you can't get Gorilla glass, at least make sure the display is covered with a plastic film.

There are some companies making tablets for kids but I'm told they are loaded with bloatware and movie tie in's.

I was on the market for one +1 month ago. Then I got a new smart phone and my 6 year old inherited my old IQ II. 

This 5" smart phone is fine for his needs and fits 5-6 old boys better in the hands than a 7-8" tablet and not so likely to get dropped.

Try look for the tread I created not so long time ago with about same title as OP's.