France vows to close Calais migrant camp

rooster59

France vows to close Calais migrant camp

606x341_342945.jpg

French authorities plan to dismantle the so-called Calais Jungle camp – home to thousands of migrants fleeing war or poverty in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

France’s home affairs minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, was in Calais to announce plans to finish what was started in February, when an area of the camp, which housed over 3000 migrants, was demolished.

He said: “By persevering and being methodical in the implementation of these measures, we will find an efficient, long term solution for the current crisis faced by the city of Calais. I say it very clearly that all these actions will be put into place until the final closure of the camp, which is my aim. I hope it happens as swiftly as possible.”

Estimates put the population of the Jungle at up to 9000, even after the southern half of the camp was dismantled earlier this year.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-03

French authorities plan to dismantle the so-called Calais Jungle camp – home to thousands of migrants fleeing war or poverty in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. :cheesy::cheesy:

Yeah some of it might be.....most of them will be good for nothing lazy @ss40les who are wanting to come and sponge from the state and maybe find the odd street paved with gold (fat chance), or indeed preach hatred and cause trouble.  Not many women there...Ummmmm. wonder why!

The UK needs to ensure its gets sorted soon and ensure the law is used...they register at the first country they come to and are kept there, if not take them back to where ever they come from.  I hear water canons and CS are good for this:thumbsup:

Acting like animals and injuring truck drivers in the Calais area is not really the way to behave if you want to get in a country, and then they wonder and get upset when we say we don't <deleted> want you

This Calais jungle has served one very important role. That is to educate the social justice warriors that have flocked there to help the poor desperate refugees. To put it mildly the experience was a dramatic wake-up call for the SJWs, who expecting downtrodden defenceless women and children were met by the harsh reality. Although most returned home blaming themselves for being the victim of violence and sexual assaults over time it will all make sense, as their recent facebook entries prove. How many times has somebody on my facebook feed built up their impending trip to help the refugees followed by silence and then a totally changed attitude and no more calls for open borders! Awesome.

29 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Difficult to send them back as they destroy any ID to prevent it. They should claim 'asylum' in the first country they get to, not the one with the biggest benefit pay outs, it's a problem for the French and nobody else.

not if they put them on a ferry or give them all a free train ride - nothing would surprise me, how fortunate that the UK is an Island

I saw on BBC that there is a sharp increase in violence in the neighborhoods around the Camp.

An aide worker actually admitted as much while attempting to justify why more aide was needed.

The natives are restless because they are scared. The illegals congregate around grade schools and parks.

No, not the African migrants...I mean the native French residents.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dream on. Till the French stop them illegally moving into France they will keep coming.

Has anyone heard where they are going to send them?

Back filling the disused pits around the country would be a start, then maybe use them to fill the Chunnel up:thumbsup: