Thai PM to attend G20, ASEAN summits on Sept 4-8

rooster59

Thai PM to attend G20, ASEAN summits on Sept 4-8

Thammarat Thadaphrom

PNPOL590903001000601.jpg

BANGKOK, 3 September 2016 (NNT) – The Thai premier is slated to attend the G20 and ASEAN summits to take place in China and Lao PDR respectively from September 4th - 8th. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha will travel to the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou to attend the Group of 20 Summit, representing Thailand as a guest country from September 4th - 5th. Then he will travel to Vientiane in Lao PDR to take part in the 28th and 29th ASEAN Summits and Related Summits from September 6th - 8th. Both events will see a number of leaders from the ASEAN region and around the world. 

In the prime minister’s absence, Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan will chair the weekly Cabinet meeting on Tuesday. He will also welcome Malaysian Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, who will visit the Kingdom of Thailand from September 8th - 9th. 

On the economic front, the Prime Minister has asked members of the press to foster public understanding regarding the ongoing economic slowdown, saying the problem is deeply entrenched and requires time and cooperation from all sectors of society to attain stability.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-03

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

On the economic front, the Prime Minister has asked members of the press to foster public understanding regarding the ongoing economic slowdown,

Appointing military thugs, cronies, and sycophants to senior ministerial positions and state-owned enterprise board positions - I'd say the public well understands the ongoing economic slowdown. Whether they feel safe enough to discuss it is another matter altogether.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

saying the problem is deeply entrenched

After the farcical referendum, the problem is definitely deeply entrenched!

Oh goodie. More photo opportunities for that nice Mr Prayuth's professional liars to pretend is evidence that the international community has any time for him at all.

The candid photographs taken at previous glittering events - the ones that got by the censors anyway, show exactly what the international community thinks of this dishonest and strutting fool.

Winnie

What does that mean he will attend? Thailand is not a member of the G 20 - to my knowledge. So ????? I don't get it? Can anyone attend?  Will he be waiting in the lobby for a photo op or something really significant? Ahhhhhhhh maybe he wants to demonstrate his English speaking skills? 

44 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

In what capacity will he be accepted.

The group 2o summit should outright reject his attendance.

The President of G20 can invite up to 5 or 6 guests ( usually close allies/friends). And yes: current chair is China.

Thailand isn't even recognised by the majority of g20 members as a legitimate government and these members are totally against coups and regimes.  I can just see these members rolling on the floor in fits of laughter when numnut prayuth states the Thai economy is booming after they released pokemons across the country.

I am sure after this is over prayuth will make a media release how much he is loved and worshiped by world leaders who knelt at his feet and received his blessings.  The world will adopt Thailand's best practices. 

15 hours ago, selftaopath said:

What does that mean he will attend? Thailand is not a member of the G 20 - to my knowledge. So ????? I don't get it? Can anyone attend?  Will he be waiting in the lobby for a photo op or something really significant? Ahhhhhhhh maybe he wants to demonstrate his English speaking skills? 

I think it is very noble of him to attend, taking the time to allow the leaders of the world's 20 leading economies the opportunity to congratulate him in person on his herculean tenacity and wisdom in identitling Thailand's deeply  entrenched problems, and personally taking the steps to create and initiate a 20 year project to right them.

I'm sure this will be reflected in the official  press releases.

16 hours ago, selftaopath said:

They are serving Thai food for lunch. 

He's nothing if not magnanimous. He is giving the leaders of the G20 countries an opportunity to bask in his greatness, they must be so thrilled by this! It also gives one or two of the unusually absent members an excuse to knock one out!

4 hours ago, JAG said:

I think it is very noble of him to attend, taking the time to allow the leaders of the world's 20 leading economies the opportunity to congratulate him in person on his herculean tenacity and wisdom in identitling Thailand's deeply  entrenched problems, and personally taking the steps to create and initiate a 20 year project to right them.

I'm sure this will be reflected in the official  press releases.

...and in the posts of a select few TV members.

2 hours ago, Sphere said:

Here he is.....giving a lame Star Trek salute.....

23-1.jpg

Second from left in the centre rank (as we look) seems to be adjusting the volume on the little chap in front of him. Numbers three and five in the second rank seem to be about to give Frau Merkel a bit of a slap, and our man seems confused.......

Edited by JAG

Since he has taken over weve had peace and got rid hopefully for good that would be dictator Taksin. All this negative comments by forang here are insulting to Thailand and if you live here your host country. All Thais i and my fmaiyl know are perfectly happy with this government. Perhaps posters would prefer the chaos and violence we have in Europe. This is not your country and if you dont like way it works thne as far as im concerned you cna #@@#$ off back to your own country.