Oneplus 3

DennisF

On 9/9/2016 at 9:21 PM, Rsquared said:

This guy is very respected for his reviews......so judge for yourself. I am also interested to hear from others who may have purchased this phone.

Cheers.

Thanks so much for that. It bears out my thoughts exactly.

Does anyone know a reputable place in Bangkok that stocks the phone.

I have decided to buy based on my own observations plus this excellent video review.

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

I have just ordered one through Lazada.....should arrive next week some time.

I have had nothing but bad stuff from Lazada.

Reluctant to go that route but would be interested in your experience.

From what I saw on their site the sellers are quoting massive discounts but still selling at RRP.

Thats red flag for me.

I want to go somewhere where I can check the product and not pay before being allowed to open the box!

6 hours ago, DennisF said:

I have had nothing but bad stuff from Lazada.

Reluctant to go that route but would be interested in your experience.

From what I saw on their site the sellers are quoting massive discounts but still selling at RRP.

Thats red flag for me.

I want to go somewhere where I can check the product and not pay before being allowed to open the box!

I have dealt with Lazada a few times now, and have had no problems. Since I live out in the sticks, I find them very convenient.

Also on most items you can pay cash on delivery.....and you can inspect the contents before you hand over the cash.....thereby refusing to accept if it is the wrong product.

This option is available for my purchase of this phone....so I will inspect the contents before handing over the bugs bunny.

Not sure they'll answer your question on FB, but AOB shop in MBK might be an option, assuming you have to handle one first? Follow the link I posted, I think AOB are situated right at the 4th floor exit from Tokyu, going into the mobile phone area, maybe jog left. Otherwise that Shopee link may be their "Approved" retail fulfillment partner?

It seems like the phone is localized, but no clue about local warranty service/support?

Interesting read...not a big deal I presume as their seems to be a lot of developers on XDA.

OnePlus developer exodus forced merger of OxygenOS and HydrogenOS

All isn't well in the optimistic, upstart world of OnePlus.

In 2014, when the relationship between nascent smartphone maker OnePlus and alternative software maker Cyanogen Inc. was souring, the company began work on a new in-house version of Android, which would eventually become to be called OxygenOS.

http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-turnover-led-merging-os-development

This seems like the 'official' fulfillment channel... http://www.genustore.com/product/296/oneplus-3-6gb-64gb

Edited by mtls2005

I stopped by the AOB Shop in MBK (on aisle C, walk straight into the mobile phone area from Tokyu, turn left on aisle C, AOB is near the end on the left).

They had quite a crowd, with at least two of eight or so, people buying the OnePlus 3. It is a very nice phone. They had two left in stock for today, but I think they get a daily allotment, so will have more tomorrow and Sunday. Obviously call first.

They also have Nexus 5X, and 6P (1512).

IMG_20160916_112556.jpg

IMG_20160916_112616.jpg

I bought mine the first week it was out in the USA. Wasn't sure that it would work with 4 G here as it was the USA model. Something about 1800 & 2100 but lte 1 & 3??? The specs show 1800(3) 2100(1) and my phone had 1800 (1)? Please don't quote me on the exact numbers as I truly forget. But when I arrived in Bangkok I got the lte sign next to my cellular triangle. The phone seems to work fine here. Haven't taken it into the country and I use true H.
The Asian specs all match up perfectly with the Thai specs so I can only guess if anything it may work better or with more carriers??? But so far great.
I was an HTC fan for a long time and actually ordered the HTC top of the line the same time I ordered my oneplus 3. The oneplus 3 arrived first so refused delivery on the HTC. Never been happier. Fantastic phone. Charges quickly battery last for a long time, never run out of space. Excellent. The camera takes a bit of getting used to and has some cool settings. Thinking of getting one or my daughter but don't know where to get it in Bangkok.
If you can get a oneplus 3 don't hesitate they are great. If you find a place that sells them in Bangkok let me know, daughters birthday is soon.

Well I received the One Plus 3 phone from Lazada today.......and the delivery guy "insisted" I open the box and make sure the contents was what I ordered before I handed over the cash.

More than happy with the phone and also happy with Lazada.

Cheers.

On 9/16/2016 at 1:09 PM, mtls2005 said:

I stopped by the AOB Shop in MBK (on aisle C, walk straight into the mobile phone area from Tokyu, turn left on aisle C, AOB is near the end on the left).

They had quite a crowd, with at least two of eight or so, people buying the OnePlus 3. It is a very nice phone. They had two left in stock for today, but I think they get a daily allotment, so will have more tomorrow and Sunday. Obviously call first.

They also have Nexus 5X, and 6P (1512).

IMG_20160916_112556.jpg

IMG_20160916_112616.jpg

Thank you all so much for replies and advice.

Went to AOB today and got one. Very impressed.

They now seem to have plenty of stock both grey and gold.

Messing for a couple of hours, it is intuitive and rapid, much quicker than my ip5

Just purchased ZTE axon 7, now have too many phones, P9 plus,  Mi5, one plus 3, just gave Asus zenfone three to a niece, If anyone out there close to Amnatcharoen, and interested in the oneplus  3, I will let it go for about 10-11000B. 0910203092

• 2 weeks later...

I have 'been' a Oppo fan for a while, loved my Find7, but I've given up waiting for the mythical Find9 to materialize.

Now there is a weird relationship between Oppo & Oneplus,

A parent company BKK owns both Oppo & Vivo, and Oneplus is a subsidiary of Oppo.

There was a point in time when Oneplus was in many ways the beta version of the ultimate Oppo phone. I beginning to come to the conclusion that they may be re configuring the relationship where Oneplus markets the flagship phone and Oppo focuses on the low to mid range mass market phones.

So, I'm thinking that Oneplus 3 is in fact the 'Find9'

Maybe time to make the leap

On 9/26/2016 at 11:24 AM, BillyOm7 said:

Just purchased ZTE axon 7, now have too many phones, P9 plus,  Mi5, one plus 3, just gave Asus zenfone three to a niece, If anyone out there close to Amnatcharoen, and interested in the oneplus  3, I will let it go for about 10-11000B. 0910203092

Which version of the One +3 do you have?

To my knowledge, there is only one version, there are two colors, gray or gold. I have the gray one, 64GB. Maybe there is a 128GB, But I decided to keep it, switch between the axon 7 and Oneplus 3, sorry,  I should have posted it. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, tigerbeer said:

i hear that that Oneplus 3T is coming out soon. supposed to have amazing specifications. 

It was already publicly available: https://oneplus.net/de/oneplus-3t

Here is a review: https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/21/oneplus-3t-review/

Here is the step to move data from other phone to OnePlus 3T: http://www.androidphonesoft.com/resources/transfer-data-between-phone-and-oneplus-one.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2016/11/28 at 11:16 AM, camery20l said:

It was already publicly available: 

Here is a review:

Here is the step to move data from other phone to OnePlus 3T: 

Hi ,guy , according to your offer , you seem to ignore a problem , how to connect these phone , with a USB cable ?

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering buying the OnePlus 3 or the Blackview BV8000 Pro.

I was going to put forward the Blackview BV8000 Pro on this thread but started a separate thread for the Blackview.

Both are great phones with similar specs but the Blackview is a lot cheaper and from what I have seen on You Tube reviews it is a lot more durable.