IP security cameras

stupidfarang

I have one Starcam ip camera which does what you're looking for and seems a popular brand here.  Bought at a market in Bangkok for 1500THB plus the cost of a microsd card. It's about 2 years old now and I think the prices may have gone up. Resolution is ok but not fantastic.  Look them up on Google.

On 04/09/2016 at 0:07 PM, avander said:

I have one Starcam ip camera which does what you're looking for and seems a popular brand here.  Bought at a market in Bangkok for 1500THB plus the cost of a microsd card. It's about 2 years old now and I think the prices may have gone up. Resolution is ok but not fantastic.  Look them up on Google.

Hi, have checked Vstarcam out at a local shop 2,300bhat and have also seen them on Lazada there is a good deal at the moment on a Vstarcam IP Camera C7824 1.0 Mp, 2 cameras for 2,379 bhat

40 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

Dlink dcs-900L is available from Lazada for about 900 baht.  I believe it will do what you want on its own, but I am running it with a security system that handles things like notification.  Works well.  You can connect to it from your phone.

thanks for the info will check them out, I do want the motion detection etc

Be careful with hi resolution which will use a lot of space on the sd card. I get only about 24 hrs with hires (720 on mine) on a 32gb card then it just starts overwriting the previous days files. 32gb was the maximum sdcard size my ipcam would accept. Get a demo of the ipcam you intend to buy to check the resolution/image quality.

1 hour ago, avander said:

Be careful with hi resolution which will use a lot of space on the sd card. I get only about 24 hrs with hires (720 on mine) on a 32gb card then it just starts overwriting the previous days files. 32gb was the maximum sdcard size my ipcam would accept. Get a demo of the ipcam you intend to buy to check the resolution/image quality.

Thanks for the tip, I was going to have it stored on to a server if possible

23 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

Thanks for the tip, I was going to have it stored on to a server if possible

You're welcome.  There is an app ("Eye4") for a Windows environment (not sure for other OS') where you can view live and configure among other things, the location of the video files.  There's also an app for your phone/tablet (Android and IOS.)

I use the hikvision brand of cams. Wide variety, very sophisticated, most are in the US$80-120 range, if you get them from china via aliexpress. You can get them in BKK, but they are priced higher. They can write to a computer or NVR. I use an NVR.

Make sure the cam you get has WDR. I had one that didn't have WDR and only got a shadow of the thief because the light was behind him.

if its motion detection how could it run 24 hours to fill an SD card  unless you leave it on when you are also in the house ?

what about also a  "7-11" ding dong alarm  for when they first get there ?

or a pressure alarm rug that goes off when they stand on it ?   ( where can you get one in BKK ? )

4 minutes ago, BKKdreaming said:

if its motion detection how could it run 24 hours to fill an SD card  unless you leave it on when you are also in the house ?

what about also a  "7-11" ding dong alarm  for when they first get there ?

or a pressure alarm rug that goes off when they stand on it ?   ( where can you get one in BKK ? )

Most of these devices use continuous video recording and I've set mine up to also record stills as a result of any motion detection overnight.  Works perfectly. 

3 hours ago, Banana7 said:

I use the hikvision brand of cams. Wide variety, very sophisticated, most are in the US$80-120 range, if you get them from china via aliexpress. You can get them in BKK, but they are priced higher. They can write to a computer or NVR. I use an NVR.

Make sure the cam you get has WDR. I had one that didn't have WDR and only got a shadow of the thief because the light was behind him.

Thank you for the tip on the WDR

20 hours ago, avander said:

You're welcome.  There is an app ("Eye4") for a Windows environment (not sure for other OS') where you can view live and configure among other things, the location of the video files.  There's also an app for your phone/tablet (Android and IOS.)

Yes I see the EYE4 app is popular, have just bought a Vstarcam IP from Lazada will arrive in a few days so will give a report back on how well it works

I bought a P2P camera from lazada. Picture is really good especially the night vision on it . It sends all records to my laptop and I can watch it over anytime I want from last 2 weeks I think it is .Picture on my phone from live feed is clear with good sound and I can speak to whoever is in the house at the time I view it.

I use it to watch my dogs who tend to have a party when im not at home ! :D

Think was around 1500 bht and few hundred for micro sd card.

17 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

I bought a P2P camera from lazada. Picture is really good especially the night vision on it . It sends all records to my laptop and I can watch it over anytime I want from last 2 weeks I think it is .Picture on my phone from live feed is clear with good sound and I can speak to whoever is in the house at the time I view it.

I use it to watch my dogs who tend to have a party when im not at home ! :D

Think was around 1500 bht and few hundred for micro sd card.

do you still need to have a micro sd card in the cam if you are recording to your laptop?

49 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

do you still need to have a micro sd card in the cam if you are recording to your laptop?

I don't believe so but have never tried to use my ipcam without the sdcard so not 100% sure.

24 minutes ago, connda said:

How do you set up the camera to transmit over the Internet and be received by a remote laptop? 

One I bought you connect it to Wi-Fi router to set it up and once its set up you can then put it anywhere you want and it works using Wi-Fi . For the phone set up you just download the free programme and run it. You can also move it left ,right , up and down from your phone.

8 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

One I bought you connect it to Wi-Fi router to set it up and once its set up you can then put it anywhere you want and it works using Wi-Fi . For the phone set up you just download the free programme and run it. You can also move it left ,right , up and down from your phone.

What kind of camera did you buy?

Xiomi Ants. Cheap, wifi, motion, two way intercom microphone, text alerts, mobile app.  Be super careful to get the international not the China only version. It can be modified but it's a hassle.  You can confirm you got the international model by the serial numbers. Lots of info via Google.  Aliexpress has them for $30 but you must must must confirm they are not China version. I got two shipments some were some weren't.  No cloud recording but has micro sim can store up to 32 gb

image.png

Edited by csabo