Overstayed: do I pay fine at suwanabumi before check in flight or after?

6 hours ago, manfredtillmann said:

they will not grab you but they certainly grab your passport. and if you check in thai business class it is a fairly long walk to the immigration office with the overstay counter. i had to follow a young chap who obviously thought it was good fun to show the old fart who the boss is... my overstay was 2 days, before the new rules kicked in, and they made me suffer.

immigration officer at overpay counter - in almost accent free english: 'i don't care how sorry you are, you will pay anyway'

This has always been the case. The only time they give you a break is if you are flying out of Thailand and only 1 day overstay, then it is still up to the officer to make you pay the 1 day or not. In most cases they waive the one day, but two days or more you are paying 500B a day. If just crossing a boarder and not flying out then you pay for even 1 day over stay. 

22 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

500 bth pr day.Easy math.

I did it on purpose 2 years ago.It was cheaper for me to pay 6000 for 12 days then to go to Lao for a new visa.No problem

This doesn't make sense;  you say to pay 6000 baht, and then go to Laos??   how is that.?

1 hour ago, masuk said:

This doesn't make sense;  you say to pay 6000 baht, and then go to Laos??   how is that.?

I said It was cheaper to pay the 6000 for 12 days overstay.,THEN to go to Lao  to get a 3 months or a 60 day+30.The Lao trip would cost me close to 10 all in all.

2 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

I said It was cheaper to pay the 6000 for 12 days overstay.,THEN to go to Lao  to get a 3 months or a 60 day+30.The Lao trip would cost me close to 10 all in all.

I am afraid you are confusing "then" (meaning after that) with "than" (used to compare two options).

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I am afraid you are confusing "then" (meaning after that) with "than" (used to compare two options).

Thanks Tim.I thought my English was okey,but I was obviosly wrong :) 

Guess I have forgotten some in the land of Thinglish.

Edited by Odin Norway

On 9/4/2016 at 6:27 PM, BritTim said:

This forum is improving. The thread has been up for 2 hours and no one has demanded to know how the OP could have been so criminally negligent as to overstay, and claimed that a direct result would be that other foreigners will no longer be able to enter Thailand without satisfying impossible conditions.

hahahahah