PR applicant - currently abroad - new passport etc

Im on a extended work trip to Europe. Actually been here almost three months now, and will return to BKK shortly. Unfortunately, my Work Permit was due for extension during my stay here. I tried to send my assistant to labor to suspend it temporarily. They said it was only possible to suspend it for a week at a time, and for a maximum of two weeks total. Anyway, they had to cancel my WP, and they asked me to apply for a new one, once I came back. Since my current extension is based on that WP, I guess that is automatically cancelled as well...(ARGH!) 

My assistant called immigration, and they said it shouldn't affect my PR application, as it was already completed, but I needed to return on a NON-B Visa. Good news.. phew.. (hope that its true... )

My current passport was almost full, so I decided to make a brand new Passport, and to go the local Thai Embassy and apply for a new NON-B Visa (Single entry).

I have a couple of questions:

- Should I move the stamps "under PR consideration" etc to the new passport?

- Can I get an extension based on the PR application? 

I would think that tampering with the new passport in any way could mean a lot of trouble down the line.Take your old passport with you when applying for your new NON-B and show the entry stamps to them.

He will have immigration do new stamps in his passport. Not do it himself.
  • Like 2

Hi Mortenaa - I am also waiting for PR application processing. During my own PR application visit to CW Immigration in December 2015, I was told that they have now changed the system to be as follows: 

Those awaiting PR approval, must now continue with their old system of visa extension exactly as before. There is now NO special extension based on PR application as there used to be for PR applicants in previous years. 

AFAIK, the ruling was brought in for all PR applications made Dec 2015 on-wards. If you are already the privileged receiver of 'extensions based on a PR application accepted' made during previous years, then your current visa extension status may be different.

One thing is for certain - nothing is getting easier in LOS for visa extension renewal of any type.

Perhaps Ubonjoe might know the answer?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveB2 said:

Hi Mortenaa - I am also waiting for PR application processing. During my own PR application visit to CW Immigration in December 2015, I was told that they have now changed the system to be as follows: 

Those awaiting PR approval, must now continue with their old system of visa extension exactly as before. There is now NO special extension based on PR application as there used to be for PR applicants in previous years. 

AFAIK, the ruling was brought in for all PR applications made Dec 2015 on-wards. If you are already the privileged receiver of 'extensions based on a PR application accepted' made during previous years, then your current visa extension status may be different.

One thing is for certain - nothing is getting easier in LOS for visa extension renewal of any type.

Perhaps Ubonjoe might know the answer?

Hi,

Thanks for answer!

I have normally extended my Visa based on work. I just applied for PR in Dec 2015. So that means when new NON-B expires after 90 days, I have to go an make a new extension, based on work, like I do every year.. 

Edited by mortenaa

Hi Mortenna,

OK then - for your own Dec 2015 application, you come under the new rules and will need to continue extending your non-imm 'B' visa based on work as you have done before.

BTW, You should also contact you PR application case officer to check on your PR progress - mine has told me that all this years applications are now already at the Ministry of the Interior (MOI) and that Dec 2015 applicants will likely be called up for additional interviews anytime soon(meaning within the next few weeks) 

PM me for other info that I can't mention here.