Dane remains imprisoned in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps a mutual deal between two nations, e.g. Thailand, you keep him in your prison, we will pay as the day rates in Thailand are far cheaper than here, besides, your prisons are real prison's, not hotels like in most western countries.

Got to feel for the guy, we all know it would be much simpler to get him out, hold his passport until his next case is heard, but that ain't going to happen, is it ?

Couple of choices he never paid but they bought new cars and houses on the strength of it

Or

He paid the wrong guy .

Now its going the slow way.

Aquitted probably not recognised how could authorities get it wrong = loose face..

No money passes no freedom comes This is Thailand not The rest of The World

Very sad situation...

This could be a life sentence for him as many hit the wall as they say after 7 years.

Many facts are missing to evaluate his situation.

Based on similar situations worldwide with similar circumstances, prisoners have remained in prison for a very long time.

17 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

8 years in a Thai prison while going through the Thai (in)justice system because of a debt he owes the Dutch government - is there something I'm missing?? :blink:

Yes if you read correct it's the Danish Goverment not the Dutch. A good idea to read the post before comment.

BURNT BRIDGES?

Thailand and Denmark enjoy a very close and harmonious relationship.   Any request by Denmark on behalf of their citizen would most likely be granted. I can only assume that he has pissed off influential people, possibly in both countries.

Some years ago a notorious lady lawyer committed a string of property frauds in Hua Hin.  Her last victim was Danish, and with Embassy pressure the bitch was promptly convicted. 

15 hours ago, greenchair said:

His house , cars and various other objects were sold off. Not only that his thai wife was put in prison. 

He ran a ganja coffee shop in his country which is legal. However he did not pay his taxes. The Thai authorities imprisoned he and his wife and confiscated all their property because that business is illegal in Thailand. All of his assets are sold off by authorities,  If he were to win in supreme court, he would be able to sue for compensation every man and his dog. Highly unlikely he will win in supreme Court. There's too much at stake. 

This is a complete different story concerning a Dutchman named Johan van Laarhoven.

What the hell is this, Young Girl, drunk kills 6, drunk rich car dealer kills two they get nothing and this Fellow has been in prison for problems in Denmark, some one wants to know where the money is and how much can we get.

There is little to no Justice in Thailand !! Cops kids murder, premeditated, a handicap man and get what, yet to be determined ??

Dear General/PM please keep flushing the :Legal System devise until all the corruption is cleaned-up, a good start would be to put this fellow on the next flight to anywhere in Europe !!

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

Poor bugger life in a Thai prison is no fun ( i know been there).

Surely someone somewhere can help him, Thai justice can run very slowly and the poor man will just have to sit it out.

Nice call for someone the help him, understand you have been there and seen it.

Probably you are able to help him even better than any else who has not been there.

Why I say this is because a former colleague of mine in was helped very well in a country where I lived and worked before. There was an organisation that sounds like  'The Miss' and they were actively helping foreigners and also run by people how have been inside as they called it.

Regardless if the man is right or wrong think he can need support like this for people who have been there too. 

18 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

8 years in a Thai prison while going through the Thai (in)justice system because of a debt he owes the Dutch government - is there something I'm missing?? :blink:

There's something we're all missing. A competent justice system. Competent morals. Adequate transparency. Middle ages here.

38 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Hi Thian

good job you are not his lawyer. You would be sending messages the Thhe Denmark Government. For this Dutch Guy. DUTCH is Holland, not Denmark.

Ohh thanks for clearing that up:whistling:  

If he was Dutch his name would be Peter Jansen but hey who am i on this forum among such clever people :wai:

18 hours ago, FloridaExport said:

It's a curious situation. Whenever a rich Thai person gets arrested, they are free on bail until the supreme court hearing. I wonder if he had the same option. If he is found not guilty by the supreme court, will they somehow add 9 years to his life as compensation?

Indeed. And that seems to include murder suspects, manslaughter suspects, terrorist suspects, massive fraud suspects and just about everything suspects.

But you can't trust these sneaky farang - might do a runner. No Thai would do that, always stay and take full responsibility 555 !

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

Poor bugger life in a Thai prison is no fun ( i know been there).

Surely someone somewhere can help him, Thai justice can run very slowly and the poor man will just have to sit it out.

What crime did you commit?

7 minutes ago, wigan said:

Given the lack of interest by some embassies, does anyone know of a really "good" farang friendly lawyer who you could ring if you get into trouble and look like heading to jail unjustly!

I know one.  He's a Thai young man who speaks English.  I had a legal issue, and the first Thai lawyer I went to said there was no case.  The 2nd (the guy I recommend) took on the case, and I won.

He's based in Chiang Mai.  his name: Mr. Oh.   message me for his Tel#

14 hours ago, Thian said:

That explains why i saw loads and loads of new restaurants at the road to the Bang Kwan prison in Nonthaburi. I allready wondered why they all opened up there, do they have personell to get food for them outside?

Thian,

The food stalls outside prisons are usually owned by the guards and their wives and girlfriends/immediate family. Yes, prisoners place their orders in advance for the following days.( No waste for the guards families! )

You can't beat a ' captive audience '

People must understand these places are run as both a co operative between the hierarchy, directors, guards etc as a ' for profit ' business.

Edited by Scouse123
improvement and addition.

9 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

you're probably right.  But his jailers saw a chance to make a bunch of money, so.......

No sir,

He's probably wrong.

You cannot be extradited when you have an unfinished case in the courts in the country where you are being extradited from.

1 hour ago, Michael8511 said:

Yes if you read correct it's the Danish Goverment not the Dutch. A good idea to read the post before comment.

As I wrote, only 1 hour—a mere seven posts—before you became the sixth person to correct me, I had already been corrected—and acknowledged my error—16 hours earlier. A good idea to read the thread before posting an utterly redundant comment.