No Guinness in Thailand?

Chiengmaijoe

13 hours ago, MockingJay said:

Guiness gives me instant headache! Not joking!!! I love all kinds of beer, especially from Belgium and Germany, I also love Irish pubs, Irish music, Kilkenny.... but give me a pint of Guiness and it feels like my head wants to explode, immediately, not the typical day after hangover thing - the glass is down, the headache comes... Anyone having the same problem? Perhaps it has any ingredients causing an allergic reaction or something, no idea... :(

I have the exact opposite reaction. I can drink pint after pint of the stuff and not even have a hint of a hangover the next day. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

On the other hand, Singha gives me an instaneous headache as you describe.

3 minutes ago, charmonman said:

I have the exact opposite reaction. I can drink pint after pint of the stuff and not even have a hint of a hangover the next day. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

On the other hand, Singha gives me an instaneous headache as you describe.

I know a guy that drank 12 pints of Guinness and rounded it off with a single shot of Jameson. He said he felt terrible the next day, because of that whiskey.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:45 AM, jonwilly said:

The old question.

Does Guiness travel well ?

They don't have a brewery outside of Dublin, even the black stuff in Belfast is imported from the south.

Needless to say all of UK imports all it's Guiness.

john

Guinness is brewed world wide, in 120 countries at last count. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Sorry for the doubling up.  I don't drink it here so I wouldn't know.

You're not alone. This topic is full of people that don't even drink Guinness, but for some reason or other have decided to offer false information on something they clearly know nothing about. 

17 hours ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

You and Kingalfred haven't been paying attention, have you? Guinness in Thailand is imported from Dublin and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. 

As for Ladyboys, I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge in that respect. My guess is that most people would know the difference between a Ladyboy and a woman and make their choices accordingly.

BTW, I don't know of anywhere in Chiang Mai charging 3OOB a pint, do you? 

Im not sure what attention i needed to be paying as i dont drink it, no matter where it comes from, including anywhere in cm as i dont drink there either. I dont associate with ladyboys either which is why ive never had a stiletto heel buried in my skull.

Maybe the kegs are from Dublin but do they use nitrogen gas, apply the 2 part pour and most importantly keep the pipes clear and clean?

They're lots pubs in Dublin that give out bad pints of Guiness and other pubs that do a roaring trade just because they serve great Guiness. It's a temperamental beverage you have to know how to maintain and serve it.

The Guiness draft cans with the nitrogen widget are superb and consistent that's what you should look for out here.

Maybe the kegs are from Dublin but do they use nitrogen gas, apply the 2 part pour and most importantly keep the pipes clear and clean?

They're lots pubs in Dublin that give out bad pints of Guiness and other pubs that do a roaring trade just because they serve great Guiness. It's a temperamental beverage you have to know how to maintain and serve it.

The Guiness draft cans with the nitrogen widget are superb and consistent that's what you should look for out here.

On 11 September 2016 at 0:45 AM, jonwilly said:

The old question.

Does Guiness travel well ?

They don't have a brewery outside of Dublin, even the black stuff in Belfast is imported from the south.

Needless to say all of UK imports all it's Guiness.

john

I doubt very much the UK imports all its Guinness or perhaps any of it.  They have a massive brewery at Park Royal which has been open over 40 years I would say as my uncle who is late 60s worked there about 40 years ago.

I went for an interview there once and there wasn't much about. I walked from the tube. At the time it was about the only thing at Park Royal or was a few years back, Who knows perhaps they have an IKEA or Tesco there now ;-)

23 minutes ago, stament said:

I doubt very much the UK imports all its Guinness or perhaps any of it.  They have a massive brewery at Park Royal which has been open over 40 years I would say as my uncle who is late 60s worked there about 40 years ago.

I went for an interview there once and there wasn't much about. I walked from the tube. At the time it was about the only thing at Park Royal or was a few years back, Who knows perhaps they have an IKEA or Tesco there now ;-)

http://www.forbidden-places.net/urban-exploration-park-royal-guinness-brewery#1

Question... Is the Guinness  we drink in Thailand brewed in Dublin?

Reply below from the manufacturers.

'"Dear Mr 

Thank you for contacting Diageo and your enquiry regarding Guinness. 

I can confirm that Guinness is brewed in one location and one location only,in St James' Gate in Dublin. 

A concentrate of the Guinness brewed here is sent from here to a number of countries to be manufactured into Guinness locally, Nigeria and Ghana being the most noteworthy of these. 

I hope this information is useful to you and if you require any further information please contact us. 

Kind regards 
Cheryl Morris 
Diageo Consumer Relations ''