Popular "Uncle Smiley" slaughtered in knife attack under expressway in Bangkok

webfact

Popular "Uncle Smiley" slaughtered in knife attack under expressway in Bangkok

a2.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A popular man who slept out under the expressway in the Rama 6 area of Bangkok has been brutally murdered.

His real name was never known but everyone in the area appreciated his warm smile and the fact that he never seemed to have a problem with anyone, reported Thairath. A local lady said they all called him "Lung Yim".

Aree Markmoon, 44, a caretaker of a manicured area of garden opposite Klong Prapa where the man slept told police that she was the one who found the body on Monday.

"Lung Yim", who was aged about 50, was well known for selling the Thai Rath newspaper at the nearby intersection so that he could make ends meet. He was found with ten stab wounds to the neck and body. 

Police said that "Lung Yim" had lived out in the area for around twenty years.

His meager possessions were scattered all around and there was blood all over the grass and shrubs.

Commissioner Sanit Mahathavorn and Bang Seu police went to the scene to gather evidence and police so far have little to go on suggesting that the murder could have resulted from a disagreement or theft.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-06

BANGKOK: -- "A popular man who slept out under the expressway in the Rama 6 area of Bangkok has been brutally murdered"

Popular? Left to fend for himself by an incompetent, selfish and corrupt government (past and present) and then stabbed brutally to death. 

All-in-all, a very sad story. 

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

BANGKOK: -- "A popular man who slept out under the expressway in the Rama 6 area of Bangkok has been brutally murdered"

Popular? Left to fend for himself by an incompetent, selfish and corrupt government (past and present) and then stabbed brutally to death. 

Yes.....just like the thousands and thousands pf homeless all over the world?

Edited by dotpoom

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Yes.....just like the thousands and thousands pf homeless all over the world?

Yes, I just posted that exact sentiment on <deleted>

I don't like to digress because bad things happening to people is not a competion. The emphasis was on the definition of 'popular'. 

5 hours ago, digibum said:

If he was so popular you would figure people would have done more to help him out so he wasn't sleeping on the streets.  

If he was murdered at night. The only solution would be for someone to take him into their home ???

Would you have stepped up ?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Commissioner Sanit Mahathavorn and Bang Seu police went to the scene to gather evidence and police so far have little to go on

Any forensic evidence has likely been contaminated or carried off on some coppers boots (if the photo in the OP is any indication).

6 hours ago, bark said:

If he was murdered at night. The only solution would be for someone to take him into their home ???

Would you have stepped up ?

Hard to say.   I didn't know him.  But yes, if someone I knew was having a rough time I would try to help.  

Its one one thing if you don't know someone to let them in your home but, like I said, if people knew him and he was well liked then I have trouble comprehending why people would not help him.  

6 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Of course there are no begers or vagrants on the streets of your home countries are there!!!!left there by your corrupt and incompetent Goverments, and of course there never killed are they!!!!

RIP

There certainly are homeless in my country but it doesn't make this any less tragic nor does the lack of assistance from the state seem any less justified.  We're not comparing the two.  It can still be wrong both in Thailand and back home.   

50 minutes ago, digibum said:

There certainly are homeless in my country but it doesn't make this any less tragic nor does the lack of assistance from the state seem any less justified.  We're not comparing the two.  It can still be wrong both in Thailand and back home.   

Far from it it's a past time on here to blame all things thai read posts 2 and 3 for proof if needed.

Well at least me know he wasn't killed for robbery. More likely not a jealous husband or girlfriend, unless they can carry a grudge for 20 years. Certainly not some drug deal that went bad, or some Loan Shark as nobody would lend him money. It certainly wasn't suicide. He didn't seem to bother anyone either. 

It looks like a totally senseless killing, with no motive at all, and in which makes this so sad.   

7 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Far from it it's a past time on here to blame all things thai read posts 2 and 3 for proof if needed.

I have  a little hint for you and all the others, who always rush in to defend the idefensible:

it is called THAIvisa and the section is THAI news...

Got it now?

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Well he must have had a problem with someone,doubt

the full force of the law will be put in action,to solve

this poor mans murder,maybe they will say its suicide !

regards worgeordie

suicide? with all the evidence  and statement that he was brutally murdered.

22 hours ago, rkidlad said:

popular not in the sense of a rock star but generally pleasant person who possibly greeted passers by and did not go out of his way to offend others.i feel sad that a sould already undergoing so much difficulties in life had to end up that way.