Eight Thai universities make world rankings

webfact

4 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

No, your comments are all above, you have not explained what the QS do that is outside of their claims, you are accusing them of being fraudulent but fail to state exactly what this mystery process that you claim to have witnessed consists of.  How whatever this is could be going on in thousands of universities without anyone reporting it is beyond me, perhaps it is because you made it up?

I have already drawn the line so as not to compromise my identity, but your dogged pursuit leaves me and others mystified.  

Perhaps you are involved with a university with a "high ranking" and you feel professionally threatened?  What's your emotional connection to this topic?    

A line from Hamlet containing the word "protest" comes to mind. :whistling:

Edited by Fookhaht

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

I have already drawn the line so as not to compromise my identity, but your dogged pursuit leaves me and others mystified.  

Perhaps you are involved with a university with a "high ranking" and you feel professionally threatened?  What's your emotional connection to this topic?    

OK, so are you saying that just one institution has found a way to cheat the QS rankings rather than QS's ranking system not being as they themselves claim it to be?  From what I can gather there is no way for an institution to cheat, the rankings are based on surveys of thousands of independent companies and institutions, I suspect you of talking poo.

55 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

"leaves me and others mystified"

No, it really doesn't, you made quite a claim, one that you can't substantiate at all, then you posted a link to an article that disproved your own statement, and since then you have been attempting to divert attention away from the original question, which is, "what are you talking about", through failed attempts to belittle, the only mystifying thing is how you got anywhere near a university.

1 hour ago, bobbymack said:

Funny that to boast about being in the "top 1000"

Pasted from https://kaznmu.kz/rus/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Peter-Chang-Functions-of-a-university-The-priority-Students.pdf:
"

Per the Webometrics website, and as of January 2014, there are 22,123 universities in the world. "

So being in the top 5% isn't so bad, is it?     :whistling:

Edited by Fookhaht

8 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

Pasted from https://kaznmu.kz/rus/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Peter-Chang-Functions-of-a-university-The-priority-Students.pdf:
"

Per the Webometrics website, and as of January 2014, there are 22,123 universities in the world. "

"universities" :whistling:

22 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

"

As far as I know they don't collect metrics from the vast majority of these so the figure is meaningless.  

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

As far as I know they don't collect metrics from the vast majority of these so the figure is meaningless.  

Checking additional (and updated) sources, the number is within a general range of  16,000 (International Assn. of Univ.) to 17,000 (UNESCO), upwards to 23,887  (latest Webometrics reports).

The US Dept. of education has arrived at a figure of 150,0000 students in tertiary educational institutions worldwide.  Using a conservative figure of 5,000 students per institution, one arrives at approx. 30,000 institutions.  

I'd say if you're in the top 1,000 universities, it's pretty good.  

• 4 weeks later...