Damaged Number Plate

macknife

So it fell off the back pf the bike and got run over a few times, now it's not in very good shape.

I know if you lose it, you have to get a police report but I still have mine.

So is a trip to the local police station required or can I just bring the damaged one with me to the DLT?

I lost one as opposed to damaging one but it took a very long time to get a replacement (2-3 months!).
Take a trip with plate toDLT & see what they say. If possible, I'd try to repainted/patch up the old one, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happened to the wife's bike about 4 years ago. She took plate to local transport office and they made her a new plate. Took about 2 months mind but cost was only about 200 baht off the top of my head.

No police report needed, just take damaged plate with you. Sorted and little dosh too.

1 hour ago, KhruGin said:

Happened to the wife's bike about 4 years ago. She took plate to local transport office and they made her a new plate. Took about 2 months mind but cost was only about 200 baht off the top of my head.

No police report needed, just take damaged plate with you. Sorted and little dosh too.

Thanks for that.

It's on the 3rd floor in the building to the left as you go into the grounds from the 3 road.

There's a big long desk with about 7 places to stand or produce your query. 

When in the big room on the right there's a lovely girl there who will check what you have/need and then she'll tell you which number desk to go to. 

Once there they'll check your documents and then you'll be asked to sit down for a while until they get round to your request. 

Hope this helps. 

3 hours ago, NormanW said:

It's on the 3rd floor in the building to the left as you go into the grounds from the 3 road.

There's a big long desk with about 7 places to stand or produce your query. 

When in the big room on the right there's a lovely girl there who will check what you have/need and then she'll tell you which number desk to go to. 

Once there they'll check your documents and then you'll be asked to sit down for a while until they get round to your request. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks but I live in Bangkok. (Closest DLT is Onnut)

A police woman friend of mine has told me no report needed as I still have the plate. 100+ baht for a new one.