Castrol Power 1 racing

jethro69

Was wondering if anyone came across this in Thailand. Ordered 4L @ Amazon a few weeks ago, (back home) and it performs quite well. Also the price was quite ok around 1200 bath.

I'm still abroad, so it's a bit hard to do the research. I saw it on Lazada @699 bath/L, that's way over the top. If someone knows a better source in Bkk, I'll take some with me upcountry, otherwise I'll continue with the good old Mobil 1 Turbodiesel. It's time now for the CBR to get the real stuff....

4 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

The only Castrol Power 1 Racing oil  i know of is 2-stroke oil for performance bikes , no use in a Honda CBR. Retails at 700 / 800 Baht per liter.  Dont think Mobil 1 Diesel is suitable either.

Well I saw the Castrol Power 1 (semi synthetic) quite a lot on Lazada, at somehow reasonable prices, so I guess this one should be available. Still good oil.

I used the Mobil 1 Turbodiesel in my scooters and the Phantom (I know....like a Diesel engine without Turbo) for 65K now without any problems. 

Believe it or not, I know one guy who run his Ducati with it, and at least two others who run their Versys with it, without any problems.

7 hours ago, BSJ said:

" Mobil 1 Turbodiesel " instead of oil suited to motorcycle engines!   My next door neighbours Stu & Pid would do something like that to save a few baht.

It's not much about saving @2400b / 6L. It's the one what can be easy found even in smaller villages.

Crazy as it seems at first , diesel oil can be used in bikes with "dry" clutches ( some Ducatis ) and scooters , that have no clutch. The "rev-and-go" type use expanding drive cones with a linking belt. Not a Versys or a CBR. . People have had no problems using Shell Rotella T6. A heavy duty plant truck oil thats difficult to get and of a old / outdated specification. Normal bikes with "wet" clutches need motorbike specific oil as it lacks certain friction modifiers that would otherwise cause the clutch to slip.