How to snare a large thai lizard ?

skippybangkok

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Just leave it alone for heaven's sake.

Sometimes it is necessary to move these things away. The clip is of an 'x' meter monitor lizard that ended up inside our house trying to hide under the wife's computer table. Simple noose around it's neck and keep on pulling worked in this case.

When playing with these little (harmless unless threatened) beasts, be careful of their teeth, their claws/talons and their tails as anyone of these, or in any combination can cause injury. Also watch out for them playing dead; just after this clip when it was dragged into the soi (with a clear passage for escape), it keeled over and played possum. Got the noose from around it's neck, threw a bucket of water over it and off it shot. They also move extremely fast for short periods.............................;)

We had a problem with snakes under our house until a water monitor came and made it his home - never seen a snake since !

They are most welcome - not aggressive to humans and eat rats , mice and snakes so why on earth would you want to trap it or worse still kill it

Respect nature and it will respect you ..........

Leave the monitor lizard alone.  They are a protected species and native here... unlike cats! 

I would rather have them around than a load of cats... which kill birds, frogs, and all sorts of other animals, apart from spraying piss and shitting all over the place, and making noise fight each other late at night.

There are plenty more cats to adopt if yours gets eaten.... there are far fewer monitor lizards.. and their population rapidly declining thanks to humans.

Leave the monitor lizard alone.  They are a protected species and native here... unlike cats! 

I would rather have them around than a load of cats... which kill birds, frogs, and all sorts of other animals, apart from spraying piss and shitting all over the place, and making noise fight each other late at night.

There are plenty more cats to adopt if yours gets eaten.... there are far fewer monitor lizards.. and their population rapidly declining thanks to humans.

Lol - I live on the outskirts of Bangkok, not even the bush, and there are plenty. A friend saw a huge one in a klong on ploenchit - down town bkk

Probably the third one I have seen in a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect