Spouse Visa Supporting Docs

Hi all. Any help/suggestions will be gratefully received:

We are in the process of preparing for my wife's spouse visa application for UK Visa. We have a marriage certificate and translation ( from when we were married in Thailand last year). Is it necessary to include my wife's surname change certificate (along with a translated copy)? 

Also I (the sponsor) will be writing a covering letter/letter of introduction. Is there any need for a my wife (applicant) to prepare a letter? I have seen conflicting views on this.

Finally, does my wife need to provide details of her employment (letter of employment, contract, payslips, bank statements etc.)even though i am taking care of the financial side of things.

Many thanks.

I did this last year and I did include the change certificate with translation.  i think it is important to show the sequence of events to avoid any possible queries.  I didn't include a letter from my wife and this was not a problem so clearly not necessary and it is difficult to imagine what she could add to your letter.  Having said that it certainly won't do any harm providing you check it carefully.

i assume the job is in Thailand so she will be leaving the job and it is not relevant to your application.  You have to meet the financial requirements so it is your employment/savings which is important.

Good luck.   It is a lot of hassle to get it all together but if you do it methodically and sensibly you will be fine.