3BB VDSL service (Internet+phone line)?

pmugghc

VDSL is very similar to ADSL. Both can be combined with voice over one phone line by using a filter/splitter. It is a very standard procedure. These days most people probably dont bother with the fixed phone line part: I certainly dont.

I dont think that your quoted price includes the fixed phone part anyway.

I have the 3bb VDSL Service 50/10 for 700+ baht out here near Surin. 

I had True Fiber and 3BB in the house at the same time. True was throttling EVERYTHING to the point that it was almost unusable. Begged and pleaded for them to do something and in the end I just quit paying them. 

The 3BB is GREAT for everything I use it for. Netflix Thailand runs PERFECT in full 1080p instantly. Torrenting I get over 5mb/s. Everything works and its easy to swap routers if you want to network your property. 

However with all internet here in thailand the international gateway lag can get annoying but its like this with all providers. 

Actually the only website that has any kind of lag/delay is thaivisa ever since they did the upgrade. 

3 hours ago, thaitero said:

What kind of advance payment 3BB wants nowdays to open line?

Farangs have to pay the first year up-front, plus any charge for the router etc. From then it's monthly or yearly as you wish. You do get a discount for paying yearly (about 8%).

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, pmugghc said:

I signed up, don't have to pay a full year but I had to commit to a 1 year contract to get the 30mbps promotion (instead of the 20mbps).

Are you getting 30 mbps? I just switched from 3bb's 10mbps ADSL to the "30mbps" service and am now only getting 7mbps.

On 31/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, pmugghc said:

I signed up, don't have to pay a full year but I had to commit to a 1 year contract to get the 30mbps promotion (instead of the 20mbps).

Is that your first year with them? Until now I've only heard of farangs having to pay the first year in advance.

6 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Is that your first year with them? Until now I've only heard of farangs having to pay the first year in advance.

If the contract is in his GF or landlord name he can pay month by month.

Had the 3BB vdsl, great for speeds to Bangkok, but useless for international connections, and that is probably also why strange reported a 5Mb torrent download.

Changed to the 3BB 18.8 Mb ADSL and now get good international speeds and easily 20 -22 Mb torrents.