PE teacher throws mug at pretty student’s face, causes disfiguration

snoop1130

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many times we hear of difficulty in getting the police to even investigate.

Then often police drop charges when teacher says sorry.

This is not good enough, assuming it was not an accident not only the teacher should be sacked but if the head had been tolerating such action by his staff he/she should be sacked and rest of the school staff should be considered for retraining in what is acceptable in maintaining discipline...

Maybe schools and teachers should have to have liability insurance.

Edited by Basil B

57 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Thai law forbids teachers using physical punishment. 

As all laws here, it only gets enforced selectively and occasionally when someone high up decides it's appropriate.

My daughter, then in K1, has her ear squeezed by a Thai teacher resulting in a blood blister. I went ape. The school director was with me and wanted to dismiss her. My wife, a qualified experienced teacher and the head of the school program argued demotion and written warning was enough. She was demoted from the premium program to a very lowly role. Expat teachers thanked us and said they'd been wanting her removed for some time as she constantly shouted at and bullied the young children.

When staring P4 at the same school a Thai teacher, on the first day of term, asked the children "who am I not allowed to hit, put your hand up". Nobody raised their hand as they hadn't got a clue what she was on about. Few days later she wasn't happy with the speed the room was being tided and hit 5 kids on the hand several times with a rules. Only we complained. Again same school director. The teacher did not deny hitting the kids, nor deny knowing it was illegal. Again a written and final warning was the punishment.

Resist the temptation to get directly involved. As a farang will always end badly for you and most farang are only here on immigration's whim. However, as with many things these days, sub-contracting and outsourcing is always an option in extreme cases.

Good to know, my 6 year old daughter who commenced her 1st year here in semi private Catholic school was yelled at by a teacher who only teachers her class once a week, he also hit his hands on her desk hard, fortunately for her, one of the kids shouted out she was a falang and didn't know Thai well, when I picked up my daughter as I usually do, I could see there was something wrong, because 6 year old's are usually hyper and annoying at times, so I asked her what was up and she burst into tears, broke my heart, now don't get me wrong, she gets her fair share from dad because I don't raise Princesses.

She told me the story and short of turning the car around to floor this teacher, I let go, which is something I don't normally do, the Mrs took over when she heard the story ringing my daughter's normal teacher and the next day at school approached the office, the directors called a meeting with all teachers that afternoon and that teacher doesn't teach that class anymore, he now works in the library.

I said to the Mrs, so what's the go, and she told me that she said that unless the school took swift action she would go to the media and get me to go to every forum in Thailand and telling everyone how this school treats the kids.

The school said they were apologetic and unaware of this relief teachers actions which will not be tolerated, hence the reason he had been removed to the library, and all teachers asked to monitor him and other relief teachers.

A good ending, daughter is excelling and knows to speak up when someone is abusing her mentally or physically God forbid.

While I have been coming to Thailand for 10 years, now retired here since November last year, I have only recently become aware to some of the crappy laws they have here, can't say I'm not concerned, they say money will buy you out of almost anything and most cases avoid being punished of any crime.   

Edited by 4MyEgo

25 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Oh so judgemental so for one incident you say disgusting society and culture ok. 

Based on your post I belive you to be disgusting and society does not need you in it

Yeeeees...this is the only case EVER reported, of teachers abusing kids, hi-so's abusing their standing, people not taking responsibility for "accidents"...

Never ever happened before!

You are one of the worst apologists I have ever seen!

We have the teacher's name and location; I challenge anyone to supply his picture, then perhaps true justice will be served upon him (I think the picture supplied by Webfact above is of the director of the school, not the POS in question, though a little justice in his direction would be well served).

Regarding the lack of police action, we have to understand that school teachers are government officers, and at his age are often of higher rank than the average police officer, and the practice of 'not ratting on our own' applies all over the world, and most definitely in Thailand. Which is why it has to be handled by true justice!

Edited by JayBeeee

47 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Oh so judgemental so for one incident you say disgusting society and culture ok. 

Based on your post I belive you to be disgusting and society does not need you in it

Try reading Post ID 83 but you probably won't like it.

...charges of assault first....that is standard in a civilized world....

...then they sue for damages....and are guaranteed a win.....

...cut the cr*p......

....'teachers'.....'doctors'...titles....don't mean squat...

...primitive....and savage....egotistical.....and out of control......

....make the piece of sh*t pay for ruining her life and future....

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you remember, a few months ago, the MoE were very vocal on the topic of assault by teachers. And no matter who you want to dress this up as an accident it was an assault which caused bodily harm.

The MoE stated that parents should not simply accept financial compensation as the teachers were in fact committing a criminal act, which in doing made them a criminal, which should be dealt with by the police and justice system. Parents were therefore encouraged to always file a police complaint report in such cases.

This parent does. And the police show bugger all interest other than trying to broker a financial settlement. 

The School Director, who will be aware of the MoE view, simply wants to keep it quiet, brush it under the nearest carpet and move on quickly. Anything to avoid loosing reputation and face.

This is high profile in the media now. So will the MoE, senior police or any NGO pick it up and ensure action? 

Corruption will end in 20 years, right oh.

Perhaps one should share the original newspapers reporting on Facebook friends can see and like/share, so the rest of the world can see and know how the education system, police system and any other system here works, pressure comes from all walks of life, it will certainly be an eye opener at the least :)

3 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Try reading Post ID 83 but you probably won't like it.

Perhaps one should share the original newspapers reporting on Facebook friends can see and like/share, so the rest of the world can see and know how the education system, police system and any other system here works, pressure comes from all walks of life, it will certainly be an eye opener at the least :)

waldroj,
In the home of Common Law,  England,  you don't get punitive damages in cases of tort either.  I think the courts in Thailand are too confusing.  Have you ever been in one?  The judge wanders about and there's women in beachear and high heels translating things sometimes.  I can't make head nor tail of it.

2 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...charges of assault first....that is standard in a civilized world....

...then they sue for damages....and are guaranteed a win.....

...cut the cr*p......

....'teachers'.....'doctors'...titles....don't mean squat...

...primitive....and savage....egotistical.....and out of control......

....make the piece of sh*t pay for ruining her life and future....

My wife tells me that he won't be charged, they have to come to an agreement, its the law of the land, this includes doctors, what the F, why am I paying all of this health insurance for, so the doctor stuffs up, he is not negligible in a court of law, all he has to do is come to a monetary agreement, this apparently also applies to a female who has been raped, (according to the Mrs), if you have money, you can walk, what the F again !

Living here is becoming more and more interesting, I would hope that Thailand will change in time as the rest of the world, but then again, if people don't speak up, they will be fed rice forever, so to speak.

Edited by 4MyEgo

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Disfigured girl - family seek damages from teacher who threw a glass injuring student

a1.jpg

Image: Thairath

KORAT: -- A family in Nakorn Rachasima are seeking damages from a PE teacher who threw a glass that injured a student at a school in the north eastern province.

PE teacher Paitoon Klaengkrathok, 58,  threw the glass in frustration when students would not come into line and be quiet, reported Thairath.

The director of the school said yesterday that the glass hit a wall and ricocheted into the face of 17 year old Narudee Jortsanthia known as Nong Sai.

It severely damaged her mouth and she cannot use her left eyelid due to swelling that had pressed on a nerve. 

The incident has only just come to light but happened in August at the Chokchai Samakee school in Chokchai district. The mother complained to reporters this week to get something done.

The teacher has so far paid 40,000 baht towards her hospital bills but the family of Nongsai want 300,000.

Police said that in three separate compensation meetings the two sides have failed to reach agreement.

The teacher offered 80,000 at first then upped it to 100,000 but the family rejected this.

Police said that if they cannot reach agreement they would press for charges of assault against the teacher.

Reporters contacted the school director Niphon Phakdeekaew who said that the teacher only threw the glass into a wall as a warning. He had no intention of harming Nong Sai - it was an accident.

Asked where the teacher was the director said he was coming to school as usual every day. But he was having a half day yesterday because of some family business.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-14

Once again, I'm not buying a cup did that to her face. 

I have seen one of my students with this lop sided face affliction. 

It needs medication over several months. Anyone who believes a cup that hit a wall and tapped her face causing the nerve to swell should be careful on April fools day. 

Pathetic. Lol

56 minutes ago, Tom Cahill said:

waldroj,
In the home of Common Law,  England,  you don't get punitive damages in cases of tort either.  I think the courts in Thailand are too confusing.  Have you ever been in one?  The judge wanders about and there's women in beachear and high heels translating things sometimes.  I can't make head nor tail of it.

What court did you visit.  I am currently involved in a civil and criminal matter, I am the one prosecuting, not the police and the Judge never wanders around, he sits on the bench, listens to and records the evidence.  A women in, I assume you are saying, beach wear, wearing high heels, and she translates things? sometimes? They do not translate nor interpret, if this is required, then the one bringing the case has to provide their own translator/interpreter.

There is a court clerk (female) who types out the evidence so each witness, prosecutor and lawyers  can sign.  The judges have a robe over their civilian clothes whilst the court staff are dressed in civilian clothes, clean, neat and tidy, and flat shoes, with the lawyers all wearing suites and robes.  I have seen female lawyers wearing semi high heels but no one comes to the court in beach wear.    :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

So no-one has mentioned Bell's Palsy! That's what it looks like to me. Bell's Palsy is caused by the cranial nerve getting a viral infection and the nerve swells and gets trapped in the skull, the cranial being the only nerve in the body that goes through a bone. That one nerve controls all the muscles on the side of the face. No-one knows the cause of the viral infection but is often thought to be a cold draught. It will heal usually in 2 to 3 months. Personally I've had Bells Palsy 4 times so I do speak from a little experience. Bell's Palsy can strike anyone at any time so the teacher is unfortunate to have thrown the glass/mug the day before this girl got it. That probably was not the cause.

55 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My wife tells me that he won't be charged, they have to come to an agreement, its the law of the land, this includes doctors, what the F, why am I paying all of this health insurance for, so the doctor stuffs up, he is not negligible in a court of law, all he has to do is come to a monetary agreement, this apparently also applies to a female who has been raped, (according to the Mrs), if you have money, you can walk, what the F again !

Living here is becoming more and more interesting, I would hope that Thailand will change in time as the rest of the world, but then again, if people don't speak up, they will be fed rice forever, so to speak.

I hate to disagree with your missus but what she told you is incorrect.  They can try to come to an agreement but if no outcome is forthcoming, then he can be charged.  I know, as I recently had a doctor charged with an unlawful act under the criminal code and I am also suing him and the hospital for compensation in a civil court.  Following two part hearings, the judges hearing each matter, in different courts, have directed both parties to mediation, however, as this was not successful, the criminal matter will continue to a full hearing, with the civil matter waiting for that result before deciding on the amount of compensation to be paid, that is provided the criminal court finds in my favour.

As I said, the matter is ongoing and as the court accepted the charge he is now out on bail.  Had he not put up the money when the court directed him to, then he would have been taken directly to gaol and held there until bail was met.  When all the evidence has been presented to the court, and if they find in my favour, then he will be deemed to have committed and unlawful act and can be gaoled, as a number have been over the past few years.  What has been told you about rape is also incorrect.  Insofar as having money, the doctor and hospital would have ample, however, neither have been allowed to walk, I can assure you.  :wai:

6 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

I hate to disagree with your missus but what she told you is incorrect.  They can try to come to an agreement but if no outcome is forthcoming, then he can be charged.  I know, as I recently had a doctor charged with an unlawful act under the criminal code and I am also suing him and the hospital for compensation in a civil court.  Following two part hearings, the judges hearing each matter, in different courts, have directed both parties to mediation, however, as this was not successful, the criminal matter will continue to a full hearing, with the civil matter waiting for that result before deciding on the amount of compensation to be paid, that is provided the criminal court finds in my favour.

As I said, the matter is ongoing and as the court accepted the charge he is now out on bail.  Had he not put up the money when the court directed him to, then he would have been taken directly to gaol and held there until bail was met.  When all the evidence has been presented to the court, and if they find in my favour, then he will be deemed to have committed and unlawful act and can be gaoled, as a number have been over the past few years.  What has been told you about rape is also incorrect.  Insofar as having money, the doctor and hospital would have ample, however, neither have been allowed to walk, I can assure you.  :wai:

Thanks for the correction and good luck, hope all goes your ways :)

I don't understand why the parents is not suing the school, it must be the school carrying the responsibility for their staff while at work. Teacher probably don't have much money but bet you the school has. What a shame for the hole education system, if the headmaster is sited correct in his intervjues with the media.

1 hour ago, affen02 said:

I don't understand why the parents is not suing the school, it must be the school carrying the responsibility for their staff while at work. Teacher probably don't have much money but bet you the school has. What a shame for the hole education system, if the headmaster is sited correct in his intervjues with the media.

oh dear!

On 9/14/2016 at 10:10 PM, DSJPC said:

this despicable jerk needs to be hanged by his gonads and stoned to death...a damn shame for such a beautiful young girl...

good grief! whats the punishment for farting in your prehistoric era?

On 9/14/2016 at 11:46 PM, Jim walker said:

How can such an imbecile possibley be a teacher hope the junta have the decency to get him struck off teaching if he thinks throwing a glass is accepted as teaching self disaplin to the children 

When I was a kid we had blackboard  rubbers and chalk thrown at us.....UK circa 1976

please continue here:

Teacher faces slap on wrist for disfiguring student

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

NONGSAIPHOTO.jpg

Naruedee Jodsanthia, 17, seen before and after she suffered nerve damage caused by a teacher at her school. Original images: Zaii Naruedee / Facebook

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/943662-teacher-faces-slap-on-wrist-for-disfiguring-student/

//CLOSED//

/Admin