Re-Entry Permit Query

My ‘Support Thai Wife’ annual extension of stay expires on 14 October.

I have to go overseas on business next week.

I currently do not have a Re-Entry Permit. I plan to go get one this week.

I aim to return from overseas the weekend of 08 October, and go submit the application to renew my annual extension of stay on 10 October.

I will then go back overseas on business on 16 October and return a few days before 14 November when I will hopefully go get my renewed annual extension of stay.

So my question is should I get a single entry this week and another single entry on 10 October, or should I go get a multiple-entry this week?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice above which I followed. Next question.

I applied yesterday 10.10.16 to extend my permission to stay for one more year. Got a 30 day under consideration period stamp until 09.11.16. Got a single re-entry permit valid until 09.11.16 and I will back overseas on business later this week.

So I need to time my return to visit the immigration office carefully as I can't take too many days back here or it'll annoy my client. So my questions is:

Do I have to return to the office on Wednesday 09.11.16 only, OR could I call ahead to the immigration office to check if my extension has been approved and return to the office on maybe the Monday or Tuesday?  

Cheers

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thanks for the advice above which I followed. Next question.

I applied yesterday 10.10.16 to extend my permission to stay for one more year. Got a 30 day under consideration period stamp until 09.11.16. Got a single re-entry permit valid until 09.11.16 and I will back overseas on business later this week.

So I need to time my return to visit the immigration office carefully as I can't take too many days back here or it'll annoy my client. So my questions is:

Do I have to return to the office on Wednesday 09.11.16 only, OR could I call ahead to the immigration office to check if my extension has been approved and return to the office on maybe the Monday or Tuesday?  

Cheers

You have to enter the country on or before the date on your re-entry permit.

You should call the immigration to find out if the approval has been done on the 9th. You could ask them then if it would be OK to go in a few days late if it has been approved.

• Like 1

sorry to tag along on this thread but, 

If I have a actual O-A , which expires Dec 7th 2016,  I arrive in November go to CW get a single reentry permit, go to Laos  Dec 5  and stay past Dec 7. 

I then present the reentry permit  when I enter Thailand again on say Dec 9 ?

OR is there anything that one needs to do when  leaving the country knowing they will use a reentry permit  when returning ?   or is it only on  reentry  that anything happens ? 

1 minute ago, chubby said:

sorry to tag along on this thread but, 

If I have a actual O-A , which expires Dec 7th 2016,  I arrive in November go to CW get a single reentry permit, go to Laos  Dec 5  and stay past Dec 7. 

I then present the reentry permit  when I enter Thailand again on say Dec 9 ?

OR is there anything that one needs to do when  leaving the country knowing they will use a reentry permit  when returning ?   or is it only on  reentry  that anything happens ? 

Once you have the re-entry permit you do not need to anything until you use it to enter the country.

Be sure you put the number on it in the space for a visa number on the TM6 arrival card.

Another Q re. re-entry permit. Is it possible to get/use a single re-entry permit for EU visitor staying in Thailand on a normal single Tourist Visa? Have visitors coming in that are interested in spending some days in Cambodia in the beginning of their Thai holiday.

2 minutes ago, fertilizer said:

Another Q re. re-entry permit. Is it possible to get/use a single re-entry permit for EU visitor staying in Thailand on a normal single Tourist Visa? Have visitors coming in that are interested in spending some days in Cambodia in the beginning of their Thai holiday.

A re-entry permit for the 60 day entry from a tourist visa can be obtained. It will  keep the remainder of the entry valid when it is used for entry.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fertilizer said:

Yes. 

• Like 1