AA type organisation in Pattaya area?

thaibeachlovers

Is there any such thing? I'm asking because if I take the m'bike to Pattaya I won't have a Thai person to help me if it breaks down.

It would help to know if there is an orgnisation I can turn to to help me in the event of a breakdown.

Even a reliable m'bike shop that does recoveries and repairs that has English speakers to phone.

Thanks.

What bike are we talking about?

You can flag down a pick-up truck if you brake down and agree on the price for getting a lift to a bike shop.

I have been lucky so far, in all the years riding here I never needed assistance and the few punctures I had was close to a road side bike shop so I could push the bike to the shop.

I know there is road side assistance to be had on cars.

No not really, Mityon sits very heavy on the bike market in Pattaya with shops all over Pattaya.

They have a huge service center on South Pattaya road on the left going into town but it's a hit and miss depending on which mechanic attends your scooter/bike. They got free wi-fi, coffee & water in the a/c'ed waiting room and they got a huge spare parts inventory as from there they distribute the parts to other Mityon shops. I did scheduled service on my Kawa 650 yesterday and they did a good job but the big bike mechanics are not the same as the scooter mechanics, soo. 

Some small bike shops are good and some not so much and we don't use any particular one for our 2 Honda scooters but most of them can take care of a small Thai scooter. 

Some interesting reading on the subject below:

http://pattayatravelblog.com/motorbike-service-repair-shops-pattaya

Jeezz......I was thinking of Anonymous Alcoholics............

Anyway.....if it breaks down while on route; there are numerous hanky-panky shops around. 

Mityon has quite some outlets all over town, but the repair and maintenance has been moved to South Pattaya road as guzzi850m2 wrote. 

However, English speaking? May be an issue. Although there are quite a lot of foreign customers at the Mityon repair shop, hardly anyone speaks English. 

What I do if the matter is not too urgent: search for images on Google of the suspected problem, print it out and take it with you to the shop. A picture tells more than a thousand words!

On 9/16/2016 at 9:23 AM, joepattaya1961 said:

Jeezz......I was thinking of Anonymous Alcoholics............

Anyway.....if it breaks down while on route; there are numerous hanky-panky shops around. 

Mityon has quite some outlets all over town, but the repair and maintenance has been moved to South Pattaya road as guzzi850m2 wrote. 

However, English speaking? May be an issue. Although there are quite a lot of foreign customers at the Mityon repair shop, hardly anyone speaks English. 

What I do if the matter is not too urgent: search for images on Google of the suspected problem, print it out and take it with you to the shop. A picture tells more than a thousand words!

5555....definitely more for AA , then bike shops here in Pattaya.  MS>

If your reference is to a Mountain bike, you have nothing to worry about in Pattaya. I've been cycling here for 10 years and there is now a huge population of cyclist. I'm not sure of a club, I like to ride alone.

There are a number of shops here especially on Theppasit Soi 8, as a example. There is another major shop down on Sukhumvit all the way down Naklau.

You need not worry about them speaking English, I never had a problem buying parts or asking them to fix something.  As for tired changes I do them myself, carry two extra tubes all the time.