Police seize over 150 million baht worth of drugs and valuables from a major drug gang

webfact

Police seize over 150 million baht worth of drugs and valuables from a major drug gang

92_Drug-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Police Anti-Narcotics Bureau on Thursday announced the seizure of over 150 million baht worth of illicit drugs and valuables and the capture of 33 suspected drug traders.

Pol Lt-Gen Raewat Klinkesorn, commissioner of the bureau, told a press conference on Thursday that the 33 suspected drug traders were rounded up at a resort in Khao Yai where a drug party was staged by a major drug trafficker, 24-year old Sadayu Luangpradabjai or Note, who managed to escape.

He said that Note used to work for the notorious Oros gang but later split up to form his own gang, known as Karnyao, which had established a network of drug trading in Nonthaburi, Thonburi and Bangkok suburbs. The gang, he added, bought drugs from a neighbouring country and distributed them through its network in Bangkok and its suburbs and neighbouring provinces.

Pol Lt-Gen Raewat said police detectives had been tracking and monitoring the gang for about six months until they received a tipoff that the gang would stage a party at a resort in Khao Yai on Tuesday night.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-seize-150-million-baht-worth-drugs-valuables-major-drug-gang/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-16

Call me a cynic, but I wonder how many bundles of cash were actually in the safe. And I wonder where it all goes now, into some massive police evidence vault, or just divvied up for the top dogs... I think we all know the answer on this

Call me a cynic, but I wonder how many bundles of cash were actually in the safe. And I wonder where it all goes now, into some massive police evidence vault, or just divvied up for the top dogs... I think we all know the answer on this

"Official rewards" remember. Few weeks ago top kwaai...I mean top dog...was in news fighting against the rewards being dropped.

4 hours ago, z42 said:

don;t knock it at least the drugs are of the streets (for now)

"was staged by a major drug trafficker, 24-year old Sadayu Luangpradabjai or Note, who managed to escape"

So they had been watching them for 6 months, got a tip off, had the place surrounded and only the main man escaped?  Makes me wonder who gave the tip off.

8 hours ago, dieseldave1951 said:

don;t knock it at least the drugs are of the streets (for now)

For now, how long before these particular drugs are recycled ?

They should be photographed and destroyed on the spot , not removed to police storage which always seems very leaky.