An Advertising after each 6th post, really?

JerryinTH

I understand the forum needs to make money, but you're totally killing the user experience with your google ads after every 6th post. 

Sometimes the page doesn't even show the posts because the ads take to long too load and just make me leave the page. 

I know everyone is going to say 'if you don't like it go somewhere else' but it's more meant as positive critic than anything else. 

I'd rather have a pop up or under here and there than the constant ads in my face which make TVF almost unreadable. 

This is what the 'software upgrade' is for. It was sold to us members as being an improvement but does anyone think anything has been improved? No. The site used to have only limited ads because it was to help people, to inform people. Around the mid 2000's it changed so as to generate revenue to pay for hosting etc. Already for many many years the site has changed in that the underlying purpose is to generate revenue and now it has been sold it will only become worse.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

7 minutes ago, notmyself said:

This is what the 'software upgrade' is for. It was sold to us members as being an improvement but does anyone think anything has been improved? No. The site used to have only limited ads because it was to help people, to inform people. Around the mid 2000's it changed so as to generate revenue to pay for hosting etc. Already for many many years the site has changed in that the underlying purpose is to generate revenue and now it has been sold it will only become worse.

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Well said, Jerry. I forum with advertising I can quite understand but this is now looking more like an advertising site with a forum in between the gaps. It's a real pity.

Read between the lines fellas.... 

7 posts in this thread and no ad between posts 6 and 7.

Also the purpose of the upgrade, as I understand, was not as an "improvement" but a necessity because the previous version was obsolete and no longer supported.

Edit: 8 posts now, still no ad.

Edited by dantilley

We have actually removed 50% of the adverts that were on the site, mainly at the top and there were 12 adverts between the posts before. The difference is you now see ads on mobil which were not there before.

Heads up the ads in between posts will be back soon although not the one that we in the top post which stopped you seeing images correctly etc.. Also if you see any blocking posts etc, please send us a screenshot so we can see why, as the banners are responsive to both height and width.

Yes the upgrade was to make sure we got support from the vendors and didn't just have to say this is the end....

TD