Thai govt establishes Ministry of Digital Economy and Society

webfact

Govt establishes Ministry of Digital Economy and Society

BANGKOK, 16 September 2016 (NNT) - The Royal Thai Government Gazette has announced on its website that the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has now been replaced by the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society. 

According to the Royal Thai Government Gazette, the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society has been established under the Re-organization of Ministry, Bureau and Department Act, B.E. 2558 after the government's decision to dissolve the ICT Ministry. 

The new ministry will consist of the Office of the Minister, the Office of the Permanent Secretary, the Meteorological Department and the Office of the National Committee on Digital Economy and Society as well as the National Statistical Office. 

All of the work related to the ICT Ministry, its civil servants and contracted employees has now been transferred to the new ministry. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-16

New Digital Ministry launches with logo that sends heads shaking

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter -

Digital-Ministry-logo.jpg

New logo of the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society which formally launched Thursday.

BANGKOK — Thailand officially welcomed its new Ministry of Digital Economy and Society on Thursday and the internet immediately went crazy about its logo.

Thursday saw the 13-year-old Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, which was mainly focused on infrastructure, scrapped and relaunched with an emphasis on social and economic development.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2016/09/16/new-digital-ministry-launches-logo-sends-heads-shaking/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-09-16

Actually I think it is a quite good logo as you at least you can get a "connection" just like the chariot in the logo for Ministry of Transport  ตรากระทรวงคมนาคม.png and not like the logos for Ministry of Agriculture Bildresultat för logos of thai ministries  or the Ministry of Labor  Emblem of Ministry of Labour (Thailand).png where at least I can see NO "connection" to the ministries actual work.

1 hour ago, Asiantravel said:

"  Digital Economy and Society  ":giggle:

Digital economy? They must be joking:blink:

I've yet to see anyone using this technology for anything other than checking in to Facebook and Twitter.

Well, if you hang around in dubious bars, what do you expect :D;) 

Kim's journal:

Monday: I invented a new ministry, of computer stuff.

Tuesday: I massaged a b&tt k*#&ing journalists ear for the first time again in a while-forgot how therapeutic that was.

Wednesday: This computer ministry thing isn't working, lets scrap it, and knock down its nice new building which cost (someone's) arm and a leg.

Thursday: Great idea, lets have a new ministry of something like computer stuff, but tweak the name, 'cos that's gunna  ("gun" "ah" - oh yeah, I like those) solve all the problems.

Friday: Gosh what a bust week, time to sit in a chair and show everyone how much I am in charge - meeting time, yippee.

Edited by BlindMagician
It needed it