Tracking Parcel FROM The US

chiangrai

I got a parcel sent by registered post from America.It was tracked untill it left the Us on the

USPS website and then said "item in transit".I took that to mean that it had left the US and I would have

to use the Thai Post website from then on.

I used http://track.thailandpost.co.th/tracking/default.aspx?lang=en but it said "cannot find item"

until it arrived it my door.

I am now in the same position again with another parcel.It left the US on the 9th of this month

and the USPS website says that the item "is currently in transit to the destination"

What does "in transit mean".Does it mean that they won't be tracking it any more and the Destination is Thailand.Am I misunderstanding something or using the wrong website.

Would love to know.

I do not think ThaiPost tracking would track any package sent from another country.   And I don't think ThaiPost feeds any tracking info back to the USPS system.   Unless the receiving unit (Thai Postal System) inputs the tracking data into the USPS system no updates will appear.   And when I order items off Ebay like from mainland China or Hong Kong they are often sent with a tracking number tied to the Sending country tracking system....almost every item sent that way usually loses any tracking update once it shipped from the Sending country.  

The Thai Postal Tracking System has always worked great for me when shipping items withing Thailand.  But if you ship out of Thailand you are once again at the mercy of does the "receiving unit/country" interface with Sending country's postal tracking system.    

Unless using some commercial carrier all the way like UPS, DHL, etc., who controls the shipping for the total trek keeping track of an item can be hard to do.  P.S.  DO NOT use UPS, DHL, etc., to ship items to Thailand as you'll probably get hit with import taxes but when shipped from USPS to Thai Postal System the chances of any import taxes drops greatly.

O.k,it happened again.

The parcel arrived at my door and it was stlil not showing

on the Thailand Post website.

Does any body know if this is the way it works or am I using the wrong website.

If you have an Android device try Track & Trace app from Play store. I use it regularly to track parcels from the UK and it works well. It will update automatically at each stage of the delivery and send a message to your device.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Tapatalk

Post #4 is correct.

Typically, the tracking number of an overseas sourced package (US, UK, FR, AU... anywhere) will appear in the Thailand Post tracker once the package has been cleared and loaded into the Thai Post system. However, it looks like the person running that department hasn't shown up for work for a few weeks already.

I use the following as a backup whenever a package falls into the 'black hole' between systems and sometimes it gets updated before the USPS or Thailand Post systems update https://www.17track.net/en