I cannot access Yahoo on Google Crome

jonwilly

For some time now I have been receiving this message when I try to access my Yahoo mail.

"This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://mail.yahoo.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

I can still access my Yahoo mail  on Safari and Firefox.

Any Ideas ?

john

you could always try connecting directly to 106.10.193.20 in the address bar

I had to add an exception because it was saying their certificates were not setup properly but got to the login page.

http://mail.yahoo.com/ might work (without the S)

or you could possibly just go to yahoo.com and click the mail button

works here, not sure what else you could do, maybe reset chrome cache/cookies and stuff

To the poster who have helped with sugestions, no go.

106.10.193.20  gives

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 106.10.193.20 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ gives

Is  down for everyone or just me?

and I have cleared Coockies several times useing C Cleaner.

Thank you

John

Why don't you delete your Google and download the newest version? Or update it to the newest version.

Please see your settings and allow yahoo. At the PC settings you can also add Yahoo as a trusted site. 

Go to settings and "manage search machines.".

Edited by lostinisaan

5 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Why don't you delete your Google and download the newest version? Or update it to the newest version.

Please see your settings and allow yahoo. At the PC settings you can also add Yahoo as a trusted site. 

Go to settings and "manage search machines.".

I can only find " manage search engines", is that what you meant?

I am now getting this

Extensions that change your settings.

This article applies to Chrome for Windows.

Some extensions you've installed from the Chrome Web Store can make changes to your Chrome settings without your permission. To improve the browsing experience And to use extensions more easily. These extensions can change settings such as your homepage, new tab page, search engine. Or start page

Tip: While you install the extension. Make sure the items are changed before you install the extension.

To change your settings back to normal.

If you do not want the settings have been changed by an extension. You must uninstall Or disable that extension You can not use the extension without allowing the extension and change your settings.

When you remove the extension, The setting will revert back to the state it was in before you installed the extension.

1. Start Google Chrome
  2. Click additionalon the toolbar of the browser.
  3. Click More Tools
  4. Click Extensions
  5. Click the trash can Remove from Chrome Extensionsnext to the extension you want to delete.
  6. In the confirmation dialog that appears, click Remove.

See the settings changed by an extension.

You can see the settings that have been changed by an extension by going to your Chrome settings in the Settings menu of Chrome, you'll see a box around each setting is changed. And the name of the extension is to control settings.

1. Start Google Chrome
  2. Click additionalon the toolbar of the browser.
  3. Click Settings
  4. Look for a rectangular box that says "An extension, [extension name], is controlling this setting."

"Why don't you delete your Google and download the newest version? Or update it to the newest version."

I have done this more then once with no result.

However I have just carried out a remove and install and for first time in some months have been able to access my Yahoo Mail on Chrome.

I can only assume that Google have issued an updated download.

Thank you to all for your kind assistance.

I use Chrome as back up for my Gmail and each are used as the website when I have problems with one and the Website needs to send a Fix.

john

Edited by jonwilly
Extra information.