British bar owner bribery case: Koh Phangan official transferred

rooster59

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And that is a beautiful thing. But, how long do you think he will remain on desk duty? Where is the oversight? What is the incentive to keep him off the streets, when the majority of the force is engaged in the same types of crime?

Please read the article. The official is described as a deputy administrator, nowhere does it say he is a cop. As a deputy administrator I would assume his job is a desk job, and unless he is dismissed or otherwise disciplined it will remain a desk job.

The only thing that has changed so far is the location of his desk job.  This move is actually beneficial to him as it would have being difficult for him to continue his behavior at his present position,better  a new venue and new victims.

If they were serious they would have suspended him with pay (because the allegations might not be true) until the investigation was concluded. If he was exonerated he should be returned to his position, if evidence of guilt was found, he should be dismissed and charges filed against him.

• 2 weeks later...

From the original story/thread, sure is dodgy that an administrative government employee would be out enforcing administrative requirements at 1 or 2am instead of normal government business hours.   And then drop the issue because he got a call from "elders".   Come on!  Total shake down, done at 2am thinking the till would be cashed up after a day's trade.   Finding a customer with a joint was icing on the cake and Mr. Honest Civil Servant surely used that as leverage. 

This Lance guy has a big set of brass balls on him, that's for sure.  Even with the media coverage outing the whole affair, I would still be a bit nervous if I were him, for a long time to come. 

Archived