Brit Bashing

ourmanflint

Some poor Aussie on the Visa Forum has asked for help as his Consulate has refused to give him a supporting letter for his proof of income.

Well the answer is obvious, but I thought I'd share it with our Antipodean pals on this thread first.....................................................

All he needs is a letter of endorsement from his Probation Officer...................you've all got one after all :D ?

you not wrong there mate as my last probation officer was a real bast-ard. :D

he was a pommy bleeder. :o:D

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the OP, why are most of the bars in Patters owned by kee-nok Brits?

yes....and try to get one of them to shout their loyal customers a free beer. Not bloody likely...stingey lot. :D

With Christmas almost here, we don't have to look too far to find the scrooges......and they all talk with a Pommie accent. :o

Edited by Mighty Mouse

Back to the OP, why are most of the bars in Patters owned by kee-nok Brits?

yes....and try to get one of them to shout their loyal customers a free beer. Not bloody likely...stingey lot. :D

With Christmas almost here, we don't have to look too far to find the scrooges......and they all talk with a Pommie accent. :D

Or the scrounging ozzy freeloaders.. :o

With Christmas almost here, we don't have to look too far to find the scrooges......and they all talk with a Pommie accent. :o

Sad, I feel your pain Mighty mouse I really do, but you are just going to have to live with the fact that not everyone can be lucky enough to call themselves English :D

SamuiJens is always so uptight, maybe he doesn't have a sense of humour, he certainly doesn't seem to understand that some people just love a bit of banter. I think he needs to get laid once in a while, or maybe he's German in which case there is no hope. :o

If he is German this thread could go on for months :D

Just don't mention the ......... NO NO ...!!! :D

...war?, why not? Some learn from it some don't....and the punch line is Im soo sorry to tell you that Im not a Germ-an!

Ha ha ... Well that makes those last 3 comments before pretty meaningless then ...... where are you from then Jens ... is it Dennark ?

David, you win the prize, since it was so hard,huh?? LOL

Cheers my friend. Also I'd like some color on this topic, so are there any britsh kneegrows out there?

Edited by SamuiJens

I think its pretty obvious to see that every nation has their bad sides. Below are the stereotypical traits of the bad sides of nations. Please note, this is stereotypical and not a representation of what I believe every person to be!!

English - Generally nice people until they have the dreaded 'one too many'

Irish - Nice, then generally boast about how much they can drink

Scots - Pretty much the same as above

Yanks - Loud

Aussies - Fine until they lay a hand on a can/bottle/pint of beer, then its all over, 'brutish' springs to mind.

So what I'm trying to say is that every country has their idiots and Brit's are no more likely to provide these idiots than most countries are. But when I do see Brits acting like idiots abroad I cringe in a large way, just remember next time you see an idiotic Brit, we're not all like that!!

David, you win the prize, since it was so hard,huh?? LOL

Cheers my friend. Also I'd like some color on this topic, so are there any britsh kneegrows out there?

Be careful SJ I think the word you are looking for is Black or Afro-Carribean, but really we are not as obviously racially divided as most European countries and you may ruffle a few feathers with a comment like that. Peace.

Edited by Robski

I think its pretty obvious to see that every nation has their bad sides. Below are the stereotypical traits of the bad sides of nations. Please note, this is stereotypical and not a representation of what I believe every person to be!!

English - Generally nice people until they have the dreaded 'one too many'

Irish - Nice, then generally boast about how much they can drink

Scots - Pretty much the same as above

Yanks - Loud

Aussies - Fine until they lay a hand on a can/bottle/pint of beer, then its all over, 'brutish' springs to mind.

So what I'm trying to say is that every country has their idiots and Brit's are no more likely to provide these idiots than most countries are. But when I do see Brits acting like idiots abroad I cringe in a large way, just remember next time you see an idiotic Brit, we're not all like that!!

Quality post and I'm glad to see that you have pointed out that the English are nice people until the dreaded one too many, but with the Aussies one is too many... :o

Edited by Robski

Quality post and I'm glad to see that you have pointed out that the English are nice people until the dreaded one too many, but with the Aussies one is too many... :D

The quantities are right but the size is wrong.

For a Brit, one warm pint of ale is too many.

For an Aussie, more than one icy cold keg is slightly stretching the limit. :o

it might be worth looking at most of the EX colonial countries and note just how badly they have

coped since independance.

the cruelty,torture,genicide being done to their own is beyond belief.

just look Magabe,s rule ,and the World does nothing.

is,nt it time to do some YANK bashing?

Vietnam ,and now Iraq and Afghanistan.....should,nt Bush be tried for crimes against humanity.?

and this is in the very recent past.

EVERY country in the World has things to be ashamed of,but if one harks back,repeatedly, a couple hundred years,how on earth can there ever be peace in our time.

some posters here have very short memories,or rather prefer to put their heads in the sand.

shame on you.

some posters here have very short memories,or rather prefer to put their heads in the sand.

shame on you.

Secrets,

Go and pour yourself a sweet sherry and settle yourself down.

This whole thread is a bit of elbowing into rib cages and tongue in cheek slinging at each other. It should be regarded as a bit of fun.

There are Yank bashing and Aussie bashing threads if you want to visit them, but this one is dedicated to our Pommie mates.

Brits obviously are envious of Australians as the smart ones are migrating Down Under in droves.

Read this: An estimated 198,000 British citizens migrated from the UK in 2005. Once again Australia was the most preferred destination for British citizens migrating abroad, followed by Spain and France.

This was taken from this site.

[The only time Brits don't act like idiots is whilst they're asleep............unless they sleep walk. :D

I have good new and bad news for you,

the good news is that I know what you are suffering from, its called Alboinaphobia, its the fear of not being born English, do not get too depressed as it is a worldwide problem (although it does seem to be prevalent in Australia!!) and now the bad news, I'm affraid that it is incurable. :D

PS I will let you in on a secret, all those people who are moving to Australia are Englands new secret weapon, they are there to breed you lot out !!!!! :o

Australia's saving graces for not being British: :D

1) Its near New Zealand

2) and possibly most importantly: Harold Bishop :o

I must admit, you guys have some decent beers, but why serve them in Schooners?! (if thats how you spell it!) lol

Although not quite good enough to cure my Speight's withdrawal symptoms when I left NZ for Aus!

Its all a bit of fun :D

Britain used test nukes in Oz : I believe the combination of radioactive dust and extreme sunshine allied to a diet of barbie food and pies have caused some genetic mutation which invokes feelings of god like supremacy over other mere mortals.

This has taken years and years and years to achieve.

Other folks just take magic mushrooms.

Then get back to reality.

I find it most peculiar to meet Aussies who have not lived in Oz for years who insist on telling me how good it is: Why aren't they there then?.

At least Brits outside UK sit and bitch and moan about the Uk which gives them a justification for not being there.

Valid point na ja?.

Cheers,

Couthy. :o

I neither like nor dislike British people.

But Mr Bowman .. if you had to make a choice whether to like or dislike the said British people which would you choose ...? ... Like or dislike ? hyperthetically, this is a mandatory choice that must be made or you would face castration without anaesthetic ... like or dislike ...? :o

Calling them "people" is a bit over the top, don't you think?

subjects covers it :o

I will make just one very simple point. If you don't class us Brits as 'people', what kind of 'civilized' nation such as Australia holds a cop killing, murdering criminal, sorry a 'highwayman' (that makes it sounds better doesn't it??) as a national hero/treasure? :D

Calling them "people" is a bit over the top, don't you think?

subjects covers it :o

I will make just one very simple point. If you don't class us Brits as 'people', what kind of 'civilized' nation such as Australia holds a cop killing, murdering criminal, sorry a 'highwayman' (that makes it sounds better doesn't it??) as a national hero/treasure? :D

get some more facts, highway man, nerd 555555555555555555555555555555

get some more facts, highway man, nerd 555555555555555555555555555555

After taking your point of research, I did some, highway man is the wrong term, Aussies take it to the next level by giving Mr. Ned Kelly an almost law enforcing title: 'bushranger'. So I will post my point again:

I will make just one very simple point. If you don't class us Brits as 'people', what kind of 'civilized' nation such as Australia holds a cop killing, murdering criminal, sorry a 'bushranger' (that makes it sounds better doesn't it??) as a national hero/treasure?

Is that better bronco? :o

So......who was dick Turpin then?.....Robin Hood?......... :o:D

Regards

I may be wrong, but last I knew Dick Turpin isn't a national Hero and its questionable if Robin Hood really existed or is just folklore. Plus the lad stole from the rich and gave to the poor!! Whats wrong with that?? lol :D

I may be wrong, but last I knew Dick Turpin isn't a national Hero and its questionable if Robin Hood really existed or is just folklore. Plus the lad stole from the rich and gave to the poor!! Whats wrong with that?? lol :D

Be kind to them Billfo, they may have had Ned Kelly (who was Irish !!) but who else do they have ? :o