7 suspects in the killing of a handicapped bakery delivery man plead not guilty

webfact

7 suspects in the killing of a handicapped bakery delivery man plead not guilty

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fp6l96EVNym4WgbRzQdm3gc

BANGKOK: -- Seven suspects charged with the fatal assaulting of a handicapped man in Lat Phrao area in May pleaded not guilty before the Criminal Court on Monday.

At the request of the defence lawyer, the court agreed to postpone the pre-trial hearing for both the defence and prosecution to examine evidences to December 19.

In the meantime, the court also approved in the inclusion the mother of the victim, Mrs Thongkham Srichan, in the prosecution’s team after both the public prosecutor and the defence lawyer did not raise objection.

Mr Anantachai Chaidet, lawyer of Mrs Thongkham, said that after all the seven suspects denied the charges, the court gave them a chance to reconsider their plea, pointing out that the ten wounds inflicted on the victim, 35-year old Somkiat Srichan, allegedly by the suspects were fatal and it was unlikely that they were perpetrated in an act of defence or out of anger.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/7-suspects-killing-handicapped-bakery-delivery-man-plead-not-guilty/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-20

Seven youths plead not guilty to murder

Kesinee Taengkhieo
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- SEVEN YOUNGSTERS yesterday pleaded not guilty to all charges in connection with the May 1 murder of a disabled bread deliveryman in Bangkok’s Lat Phrao district.

The Ratchadaphisek Criminal Court scheduled the next hearing on December 19 and allowed the victim's mother to act as a co-plaintiff.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Seven-youths-plead-not-guilty-to-murder-30295721.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-20

IMHO
Pleading not-guilty should be seen as commuting perjury if you are later found guilty?

The evidence is not some trumped up charge given that we've all seen the evidence albeit written or on videos. Hopefully, these murderous little Bastards feel and get the full brunt of the law after this trial is over. Lucky they're Thai. Otherwise pleading not guilty wouldn't be an easy option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like positive news. No mention of bail for the idiots in the dock, sensible calls from the presiding court officials, said idiots on trial seemingly intent on trying to defend the indefensible.

Even if by some ridiculous logic they get off they have still spent months inside which for those related to high ranking cops etc definitely breaks the mould.

I still remember that video, will never forget it...One of them was sitting ontop of the handicapped man while trying to cut his throat off and stabbing him all the time....the others allready were leaving but that one guy wouldn't give up and wanted him dead or beheaded.

And now the judges need more proof.....:whistling:

I thought it was only the rich and influential people who

plead not guilty,as they know they can usually wriggle

out of it,by either paying bribes or nobbling any witnesses, 

It seems like the judge could not believe the not guilty plea

and gave them a chance to reconsider,so when they are

found guilty,(there will be none of the halving of the sentence)

and they will serve a very long time in a shit hole.

regards Worgeordie

13 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Aren't they connected to police officer families Worgeordie?

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

The judge should punish them double as hard for lieing as well. The proof is all over the webs in a video.

Those judges make themselves very laughable as well...

this removes the halving of the sentence and as there is a video of them attacking the man how can they plead not guilty. Could it be that they think because daddy is a cop they will get off, just hope that they are all jailed for a long time including the bimbo that was encouraging them to kill the poor man, if any of them are not jailed Thailand will once again look like a basket case to the rest of the world but I suppose they should be used to that by now, face is much more important for their rich/related criminals than doing what is right for the country or expected by law.

At face value the court was giving them a very clear indication that Not Guilty wasn't being looked on favourably so will the lawyer be able to convince them or will they, and their families, be certain in themselves that the ' system ' will take care of them because of who they think they are ?

Nothing is ever what it seems here and that could include what was said in court as the judge may ' suddenly ' see things differently for all the correct legal reasons naturally.

With all the video evidence available in this case, surely, even in Thailand, any verdict other than a  "Guilty of Murder" would be a clear travesty of justice which would be obvious to all the world via the press and social media.  The Judge does appear to recognise this but it is staggering that the defendants do not, which suggests that they have belief in a time-honoured system to avoid justice, which thankfully may be wearing a bit thin.

this removes the halving of the sentence and as there is a video of them attacking the man how can they plead not guilty. Could it be that they think because daddy is a cop they will get off, just hope that they are all jailed for a long time including the bimbo that was encouraging them to kill the poor man, if any of them are not jailed Thailand will once again look like a basket case to the rest of the world but I suppose they should be used to that by now, face is much more important for their rich/related criminals than doing what is right for the country or expected by law.

Disabled gent
As this poor handicapped man lay severely injured in his last moments of life begging to live. They mercilessly took it away from him.

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, chowny77 said:

Just how can they plainly plead not guilty? It is on CCTV cameras. It's not like farting in a room and saying it was not me.

"Guilty" plea gets severe sentence halved.  In this case "Not Guilty" gets ultralight sentence, if any.

It's the judge that decides, not the facts.

Rule of Man, not Law.

On 9/20/2016 at 8:21 AM, phantomfiddler said:

Here in the Land of Smiles I have never encountered one criminal who would ever dream of admitting their crime ! Total thieves seen stealing and "It wasn,t me !" I guess it takes a certain amount of honor to own up to one,s misdeeds, and these people just do not have it !

My experience that most DO confess as they automatically get their sentence halved.

Archived