Regarding a Visa Run with Single entry tourist visas with 60 day (paying for advice)

Okay so, 

I have purchase in Liverpool Single entry tourist visas with 60 days per trip(http://www.royalthaiconsul.com/visas.htm) with the 30 day renew.  I have just renewed it at my locally embassy in Bangkok for an extra 30 days. I wish to know the best method to extend my visa eg services, planes. I'd prefer to go to loas though! Please share me your best methods. 

Fly to Vientiane, or Udon Thani then take the bus over the border is cheaper. Get dollars for the visa on arrival, it's cheaper than paying in Baht. 

Go yourself by plane because visa run services take you in a minivan and it's an exhaustingly long drive / unsafe. 

Once there you can use services to speed it up, there are some touts outside the Vientiane Thai consulate that can do everything for you and deliver your passport to your hotel once done. Or just do it yourself, they recently streamlined the process a bit. 

Each time you go gets you another 3 months same as the visa you've just had. Should be able to repeat it 3 times, that's 9 months, then go to Savannakhet in Laos instead, or do 2 in Vientiane 2 in Savannahkhet. If you've had too many from one place they normally warn you this is your last one, then next time just go elsewhere.

9 hours ago, jspill said:

Fly to Vientiane, or Udon Thani then take the bus over the border is cheaper. Get dollars for the visa on arrival, it's cheaper than paying in Baht. 

Go yourself by plane because visa run services take you in a minivan and it's an exhaustingly long drive / unsafe. 

Once there you can use services to speed it up, there are some touts outside the Vientiane Thai consulate that can do everything for you and deliver your passport to your hotel once done. Or just do it yourself, they recently streamlined the process a bit. 

Each time you go gets you another 3 months same as the visa you've just had. Should be able to repeat it 3 times, that's 9 months, then go to Savannakhet in Laos instead, or do 2 in Vientiane 2 in Savannahkhet. If you've had too many from one place they normally warn you this is your last one, then next time just go elsewhere.

Just to clarify this,  to get the same as his first entry which is on a Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) , every time he leaves before he returns he needs to obtain another SETV from the embassy outside Thailand to get another 60 days + 30 day extension.

1 minute ago, Arandora said:

Just to clarify this,  to get the same as his first entry which is on a Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) , every time he leaves before he returns he needs to obtain another SETV from the embassy outside Thailand to get another 60 days + 30 day extension.

SETV?

10 hours ago, jspill said:

He could also get a coach from Bangkok to either Udon Thani or Nong Khai .

Depars from Morchit bus station , 8/9 hour journey 

It is possile to fly directly from Bbangkok to Vietianne or Savannahkhet. by Lao Air and avoid all that bus joutney and the bridge crossing nonsense, but that will be much more expensive when you add up the air fare and hotel room costs.

It is however possible if you can afford it.

You will also need to stay in both those places, for at least one night at a hotel, as the Lao air flights will not arrive in time to apply the first day for your visa.

It takes two days to get a SETV, as you must apply in the morning on day one and pick up your completed visa the afternoon of the 2nd day.

however it can be done.

If you are serious about staying 12 months in Thailand you have a lot to learn first.

If you can qualify you are far better off ro spend the exra money ahead of time before you lrave the U.K. and o the paperwork and hassle ahead of time to get a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV) or if you are over 50 then go for the O-A retirement visa in the U.K.

Like anything, the nore effort and  cost you put into it, the more you will get in resukts.

later.

Of course, it all depebds on your circumstances, but you need to underatand that the the cheapest way  is not aleays the esiesy or best way.

Do your reearch and learn the rules of the game before you try to play in the premier league.

3 hours ago, Arandora said:

Yes.  That is how it is done.

As to the OP's initial question:  "I have just renewed it at my locally embassy in Bangkok for an extra 30 days."  - I think what was meant was, "I have just extended my 'permission of stay' at 'a Thai Immigration Office' for an extra 30 days" (for a fee of 1900 Baht). 

• Like 1

I am some how new to this visa thing and had been helped from this panel and it always worked out now i understant the METV and will do one starting net month.

About an O a visa I am 68 soon 69 yo and want to be staying in Thailand with my dual citizen Thai/Canadian common law wife we have residence and she has family.

In Canada we are consider married under common law rules.

In Thailand my best guess is we are just boyfriend/girlfriend. I was thinking of marriage in thailand what would be the best way to go and the cheapest way to get the permission to stay either on METV.or SETV,or retirement  visa .

Just need and advice since this year I am exploring the ground for living in Thailand.

Thank you forthe future info's.

Hve been coming to Thailand for the past five years and loving it.

3 hours ago, mettech said:

I am some how new to this visa thing and had been helped from this panel and it always worked out now i understant the METV and will do one starting net month.

About an O a visa I am 68 soon 69 yo and want to be staying in Thailand with my dual citizen Thai/Canadian common law wife we have residence and she has family.

In Canada we are consider married under common law rules.

In Thailand my best guess is we are just boyfriend/girlfriend. I was thinking of marriage in thailand what would be the best way to go and the cheapest way to get the permission to stay either on METV.or SETV,or retirement  visa .

Just need and advice since this year I am exploring the ground for living in Thailand.

Thank you forthe future info's.

Hve been coming to Thailand for the past five years and loving it.

Info on applying for a OA long stay visa for retirement is here on the Ottawa embassy website. http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/visas/types-visas-periods-stay-fees/non-immigrant-visa-temporary-residents  The OA visa allows multiple one year entries for one year from the date of issue and can allow a total stay of of 2 years by getting a new one year entry before the visa expires.

You could also apply for a single entry non-o visa at one of the honorary consulates in Canada for being over 50. Contact info for the honorary consulates in Montreal , Toronto and Edmonton is here. http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/visas/obtaining-visa-canada

If you get the non-o visa you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration. You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800K baht.

If you registered your marriage to your "common law wife" at an Amphoe here you could then apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You could also apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that would allow unlimited 90 days entries for a year. The non-o visa can be applied for in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

• Like 1