Trang deputy governor questions appointment of ‘juniors’ to governor

webfact

Trang deputy governor questions appointment of ‘juniors’ to governor

The Nation 

TRANG: -- The deputy governor of Trang province, Sayan Intarapak, has lodged another complaint about the appointment of new provincial governors.

The complaint was submitted to Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, who also leads the National Council for Peace and Order.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Trang-deputy-governor-questions-appointment-of-jun-30295811.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-21

I would like to call for a review or at least an explanation why junior officials are being considered more suitable for the post," he said. 

Just maybe the junior officials have more foresight, fresh modern ideas to move thier communities forward.  They aren't old dinosaurs who have been sitting around gathering dust and cobwebs for eight years.  Maybe the days of self worth and entitlement are over.

images.jpeg

I would like to call for a review or at least an explanation why junior officials are being considered more suitable for the post," he said. 

Just maybe the junior officials have more foresight, fresh modern ideas to move thier communities forward.  They aren't old dinosaurs who have been sitting around gathering dust and cobwebs for eight years.  Maybe the days of self worth and entitlement are over.

images.jpeg.78af5c75ed1c92d02e5f22751f92f647.jpeg

Or maybe the bids were higher...

Sour grapes!

sour grapes.jpg

With only one year left in the service before his compulsory retirement next year, Intarapak would do well to just accept that he has reached his ceiling, and settle down for an easy transition to retirement like any other civil service pleb.

By  pushing his own barrow, and spruiking to The Nation that he "...would like to call for a review or at least an explanation why junior officials are being considered more suitable for the post...", he is only setting himself up for even more disappointment when he gets the message that (under the Peter Principle), he had already been promoted above his level of ability to perform eight years ago!

He is really upset about this, maybe he should have got his act together before.

Seniority has nothing to do with the selection process, money is the only thing that matters.

Money and lots of it. He is almost at retirement age, he should keep calm, shut up, put up with it.

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of this complaint the PM isn't exactly the ideal arbiter for such an issue as his views on how selection is applied is very clear and has little to do with ability. 

It's ingrained within many that age and length of service are the sole criteria for advancement.

I was having a conversation with one of wifey's friends, a high ranking officer in the Army, only last week. You could see her visible stiffen when I suggested ability and suitability should be the reason for promotion and not just years in the job.

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

It's ingrained within many that age and length of service are the sole criteria for advancement.

I was having a conversation with one of wifey's friends, a high ranking officer in the Army, only last week. You could see her visible stiffen when I suggested ability and suitability should be the reason for promotion and not just years in the job.

Yes this is one of the reasons why things are not as good as they could be in Thailand.. blind respect for seniority and not looking at qualifications. Add a bit of cronyism and nepotism and you have no suitable people in high positions.