where to buy 5 kilos of good local coffee in Chiang mai area?

Taco

Doing the mae hong son loop next week and want to get 5 killos or so of coffee (gf is not going to like that luggage ;)).  Doesnt need to be in Chiang mai although it is easier not lugging it around but just looking for suggesting of what and where is a full bodied local roast at not crazy prices that goes well in a french  press.

thx!

36 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Duang Dee 3rd! Try to catch the owner in and on a 5 Kg. order, he will give you a very nice discount - but don't forget to ask!

my last order 5kilo.@ 340bht. kg. dont forget they have 5different brews. 

7 hours ago, Taco said:

Doing the mae hong son loop next week and want to get 5 killos or so of coffee (gf is not going to like that luggage ;)).  Doesnt need to be in Chiang mai although it is easier not lugging it around but just looking for suggesting of what and where is a full bodied local roast at not crazy prices that goes well in a french  press.

thx!

Plenty of local farmers selling over Facebook, in case you don't want to haul it...

Akha Ama

www.akhaama.com

Hasadisawee Road , Soi 3 Chiang Mai 50300

I have been buying the Dark roast here for the last 5 yrs, consistent quality and consistent mail service.........

check out out the website if interested....

Edited by Pukehina1

7 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

To me all coffee is organic (But I wont pay the price these addicts insist on)  The 5kg for 340 baht sounds very tempting as long as it tastes good.....

Again, that is a retail price w/o any type of discount. And that user paid 1,700 Baht @ 340/Kg. which is a very high price. Sorry, but nowhere will sell you 5 Kg. for 340 Baht!

Cheers for the clarification...I thought it sounded too good etc.  I'll probably just stick to Hillkoff (Good variety and price range to match) or Sole Cafe from Makro (Sure its cheap but it tastes ok)  and its gotta be better than instant!:saai: