As Trump rises, Clinton struggles with traditional playbook

webfact

The absolute bottom line is that the USA simply cannot afford a liberal biased Supreme Court. I mean that financially as well as our constitutional rights. The liberals would really like to see the constitution scrapped. People seem to forget that much smarter people wrote that document than our elected morons. I'm talking BOTH parties.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I suggest that that is more an honourary title than reality. The queen of England is an officer in the UK military, but does anyone believe she gives any orders?

You really think Obama knows anything about running the military? Far as I know he's never been in the military.

I'd reckon if he gave an illegal order, it wouldn't be carried out.

Whoah there, hold yer horses.

UK is a constitutional monarchy. USA is a constitutional Republic. It is shaky enough to compare a prime minister to a Potus, nevermind hauling into it the sovereign reigning monarch of the UK.

In UK the prime minister makes those decisions and the monarch signs off on 'em. In USA the president makes those decisions and the president signs off on 'em.

If Potus who is CnC of the armed forces thinks you as a four-star general is doing a crappy job, he fires you. Then you're gone. There is no doubt who is in command.

Potus tells his Joint Chiefs of Staff to bring him options and rationales. If he doesn't like the ones he gets, he orders up new and different ones. 

Every Potus has fired generals and admirals, most notably President Lincoln. He's not the only one by any means -- Lincoln is simply the most prominent among 'em all. Harry Truman canned the 5-star Douglas MacArthur for going to congress instead of to Truman as CnC. 

As for Donald Trump...

A new SurveyMonkey poll finds that nearly half of all voters — 46 percent — think Donald Trump would use a nuclear weapon to attack ISIS or another foreign enemy.

Also interesting: “Sixty-five percent said that there would be race riots in major cities during a Trump administration, and 44 percent believe Trump would authorize internment camps for illegal immigrants.” 

Fearless and brainless simultaneously, Trump is.

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

The absolute bottom line is that the USA simply cannot afford a liberal biased Supreme Court. I mean that financially as well as our constitutional rights. The liberals would really like to see the constitution scrapped. People seem to forget that much smarter people wrote that document than our elected morons. I'm talking BOTH parties.

The liberals would really like to see the constitution scrapped?

Have you been reading Breitbart again or listening to Alex Jones?

On 9/24/2016 at 9:55 AM, Chicog said:

No I don't, unless the President no longer commands the US military.

I believe, unfortunately, that the Executive Branch is the most powerful leg of the three branches of government.  Namely, because of the overuse and abuse of the "executive order" and the President picks the Supreme Court.

4 hours ago, Publicus said:

Whoah there, hold yer horses.

UK is a constitutional monarchy. USA is a constitutional Republic. It is shaky enough to compare a prime minister to a Potus, nevermind hauling into it the sovereign reigning monarch of the UK.

In UK the prime minister makes those decisions and the monarch signs off on 'em. In USA the president makes those decisions and the president signs off on 'em.

If Potus who is CnC of the armed forces thinks you as a four-star general is doing a crappy job, he fires you. Then you're gone. There is no doubt who is in command.

Potus tells his Joint Chiefs of Staff to bring him options and rationales. If he doesn't like the ones he gets, he orders up new and different ones. 

Every Potus has fired generals and admirals, most notably President Lincoln. He's not the only one by any means -- Lincoln is simply the most prominent among 'em all. Harry Truman canned the 5-star Douglas MacArthur for going to congress instead of to Truman as CnC. 

As for Donald Trump...

A new SurveyMonkey poll finds that nearly half of all voters — 46 percent — think Donald Trump would use a nuclear weapon to attack ISIS or another foreign enemy.

Also interesting: “Sixty-five percent said that there would be race riots in major cities during a Trump administration, and 44 percent believe Trump would authorize internment camps for illegal immigrants.” 

Fearless and brainless simultaneously, Trump is.

Sixty-five percent said that there would be race riots in major cities during a Trump administration, and 44 percent believe Trump would authorize internment camps for illegal immigrants.” 

And??????

There have been many race riots during the 2 terms of Obama, and internment camps for illegals sounds like a decent plan. I've been suggesting for that in Europe for a long time, and they work for Australia.

1 hour ago, 212Roger said:

I believe, unfortunately, that the Executive Branch is the most powerful leg of the three branches of government.  Namely, because of the overuse and abuse of the "executive order" and the President picks the Supreme Court.

Checks and balances: The President nominates, the Senate has to approve.

And any EO can be challenged in court, and can be overturned by the next President anyway.

14 hours ago, Chicog said:

The liberals would really like to see the constitution scrapped?

Have you been reading Breitbart again or listening to Alex Jones?

You obviously are blind to the fact that liberals have been chipping away at the second amendment in MANY different ways. They even attack arms makers and try to price ammunition to the point that people can't afford it, not to mention outlawing weapons. People are to blame for crime, not guns. How do you feel about outlawing prayer in schools and then teach islam in those same schools.It appears that some people are blind stupid.

Unlike some people I don't have to listen to zealots to form my own opinions.

Edited by Gary A

21 hours ago, Chicog said:

Checks and balances: The President nominates, the Senate has to approve.

And any EO can be challenged in court, and can be overturned by the next President anyway.

When a Government changes a law, you have to ask yourself the following:  Were they "right before and now wrong?"  Or, are they "right now and wrong before?"  It can not be both, ergo when a Government enacts a new law or reverses a law, they are admitting they "were wrong" OR "now wrong."  

Dunno about you guys, but it's going to be very boring on TV without Clinton/ Trump to argue about. I can't remember so much enthusiasm posting on TV before Trump started winning the primary.

Unless something extraordinary happens, it's going to be the ultimate cliffhanger till November 8th.

I'm waiting for the documentary to come out.