Siam Makro to pay medical fees for food poisoning victims in Nan province

webfact

Siam Makro to pay medical fees for food poisoning victims in Nan province

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fu0ZSiaGTwbaHJLoX5Dg2kX

BANGKOK: -- Siam Makro wholesale chain store has agreed to take responsibility for medical fees of 39 people in Nan province who have suffered from food poisoning after having eaten éclair pastry bought from its chain store in Nan and groceries in the northern province.

All the victims reportedly told health officials at Nan hospital they ate éclair bought from Makro store and groceries which bought the pastry from the same source.

Mrs Wasanee Bunyathalung, deputy director of marketing of Siam Makro, said the company is ready to cooperate with all parties concerned to investigate the case and to help pay for the victims’ medical bills.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/siam-makro-pay-medical-fees-food-poisoning-victims-nan-province/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-22

2 hours ago, arrowsdawdle said:

Pay for the medical bills? The marketing director considers that noble? How about 20 million baht @ class action suit for negligence resulting in bodily harm and failure to adhere to health and sanitation standards?

You must be American, where claims bear no relation whatsoever to what happened. These people became sick, the company commendably took responsibility for their medical bills, no-one died. What, exactly, is worth a 20 million baht action in that,?

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago at the Soi 5 Foodland. I bought some kind of pizza-like pastry from an exposed display shelf and ate it when I got home. Within a few hours I was completely wiped out from nausea and a fever. Fortunately, within a couple of days I completely recovered. I've since made a habit of first microwaving any such premade food items before eating.

If you ever go to the bakery section of Big C they also have many items just sitting out for hours fully exposed to people, flies, etc. Would never buy any of that.

You must be American, where claims bear no relation whatsoever to what happened. These people became sick, the company commendably took responsibility for their medical bills, no-one died. What, exactly, is worth a 20 million baht action in that,?

Just paying medical bills! If they do that,is of course not enough in any developed country,but in Thailand a law suit would be a waste of time and money. We all know why!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect