Thailand says it will continue to help refugees and crackdown on human trafficking

webfact

Thailand pledges to continue its humanitarian assistance to refugees, and suppression of human trafficking seriously

Cs1SrcvWgAA-y1O-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand has pledged to cooperate with all countries to solve refugee problem and to continue its humanitarian assistance and suppression of human trafficking seriously.

However the country said the refugee problem is a global crisis that one country should not be held responsible, but a shared responsibility for all involved.

These were what Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha addressed at the United Nations’ General Assembly in New York yesterday.

National News Bureau of Thailand quoted government deputy spokesman Spokesperson Maj-Gen Werachon Sukondhapatipak Sa revealing that  the pledge was made at the Leaders’ Summit on Refugees hosted by the President of the United States at the United Nation Headquarters to address the global refugee crisis.

Gen Prayut recalled the irregular migration of 65 million people, of which 21 million fled to Europe and other regions, burdening the host countries.

He said Thailand is among the countries that has provided humanitarian assistance to millions of refugees from neighbouring countries over the past four decades. The country currently shelters some 100,000 refugees from conflicts on the western border.

The Thai government has allocated a 180-million-dollar budget for refugee health care, education, and legal assistance. Thailand is also considering the establishment of a screening system to suppress human trafficking, allowing trafficking victims and eyewitnesses to legally work in the Kingdom for the duration of their legal case, with the possibility of a two-year extension.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-pledges-continue-humanitarian-assistance-refugees-suppression-human-trafficking-seriously/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-22

19 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...but meanwhile arrest human rights advocates...???

...does this make any sense...???

...doesn't the rest of the world have anything to say about this ???

No, not really, pledging looks good,that's about it. There isn't much they can do,this migration has to stop it's got way out of hand. I read somewhere that by 2050 many Arab states will be too hot to live in so where are they to go, i don't think that Germany will say ''we can do it'' again nor will anyone else,once their oil has gone they have no cards left, manufacturing bomb vests doesn't seem to be in vogue.

Honestly I think TVF has had its day. Turning into the CNN or Thailand. BS after BS after BS truly stomach churning the amount of lies that we are meant to swallow that are pumped out on a daily basis. Incredible. 

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

No, not really, pledging looks good,that's about it. There isn't much they can do,this migration has to stop it's got way out of hand. I read somewhere that by 2050 many Arab states will be too hot to live in so where are they to go, i don't think that Germany will say ''we can do it'' again nor will anyone else,once their oil has gone they have no cards left, manufacturing bomb vests doesn't seem to be in vogue.

ok not being funny but I have no clue what you're on about, do you think Thailand is opening the floodgates to invite refugees to come and they are going to support them lol - are you talking about other countries ........ you have really lost me, Thailand struggles to support its own people, they have a very poor account when it comes to human trafficking and abuse - do you actually know what that means ?  ...................human trafficking and abuse, it covers quite a wide range of things which come under that umbrella which I think hides a lot of stuff and is not as definitive as it should be, the better word for most of it  would be "abuse" (and exploitation) in the labour market.

Thailand (along with other 3rd world countries) has been under serious scrutiny for a long time about abuse of migrant workers or in fact their own workers, it has been right on the brink of a total ban in the west regarding it's fishing industry for several years - you think it stops there ? well it doesn't.

There are however some "good employees" in Thailand that respect human rights and actually operate very high standards, these tend to be foreign  companies, I could say more about the home grown Thai companies and industries - at the end of the day as with everything - greed and money rules.....what rules - what abuse - what human rights - talk about it and ..... what justice............every worker in Thailand is very well treated and protected by very rigid employment laws and human rights...........right ?  that is what I believe of course   

2 hours ago, smedly said:

ok not being funny but I have no clue what you're on about, do you think Thailand is opening the floodgates to invite refugees to come and they are going to support them lol - are you talking about other countries ........ you have really lost me, Thailand struggles to support its own people, they have a very poor account when it comes to human trafficking and abuse - do you actually know what that means ?  ...................human trafficking and abuse, it covers quite a wide range of things which come under that umbrella which I think hides a lot of stuff and is not as definitive as it should be, the better word for most of it  would be "abuse" (and exploitation) in the labour market.

Thailand (along with other 3rd world countries) has been under serious scrutiny for a long time about abuse of migrant workers or in fact their own workers, it has been right on the brink of a total ban in the west regarding it's fishing industry for several years - you think it stops there ? well it doesn't.

There are however some "good employees" in Thailand that respect human rights and actually operate very high standards, these tend to be foreign  companies, I could say more about the home grown Thai companies and industries - at the end of the day as with everything - greed and money rules.....what rules - what abuse - what human rights - talk about it and ..... what justice............every worker in Thailand is very well treated and protected by very rigid employment laws and human rights...........right ?  that is what I believe of course   

I was referring to all countries, refugees in huge numbers are a threat to any country. At the moment they are trying to be PC about it expressing concern and showing a belated willingness to help but the worm is turning and they are going to have to be brutally pragmatic about it and they will be,destroyers don't just have boarding nets, they have guns as well