Delay between visa cancellation and visa run - problem?

Hi my school will soon cancel my visa and WP on a Friday,

but visa run to get a Tourist visa leaves on Sundays.  

That means i will incur a 2 day overstay.  

1) Will that be a problem?  

2) Any chance of being blacklisted because of the 2 day overstay?  

3) Any other potential issues with getting a tourist visa from Vientaine or Penang?  

4) Any other places better than the two above (i normally go to these) that is a better alternative?

Thanks in advance 

You should have some control over the date the extension of stay (it is not a visa) is canceled since you should be present when it is done. Leaving the country cancels your extension so in reality it does not have to be canceled before you leave.

If crossing at Lao border you would need a letter from the school stating the date your job ends.

What is your current permit to stay date?

If you leave on Sunday evening you would not arrive in Laos until Monday which would be a 3 day overstay.

1. You won't have a problem at the border with a 2/3 day overstay as long as you can pay the fine. 500 baht/day.
  2. You will not be banned if clearing an overstay at the border.
  3. You will probably get a stamp in your passport confirming the overstay and fine paid but the overstay will not affect getting future visas.
  4. Savannakhet, Loas is also a good choice. All others (neighbouring Thailand) require additional documents such as booked flights/hotels/money in the bank .

Edited by elviajero

Thanks ubj, evj.  

My extension to stay is dated for July 2017.  I'll see if the school willing let me terminate my extension of stay until Sunday, and only cancel my work permit. They have been nice so far.

Thanks for the heads up on  Savannakhet, Loas.  I've never considered it but will now :D

Also thanks for letting me know about the letter from the school for exiting TL.

Your help, as always is much appreciated! :jap: