Urgent: Laos border run?

Between one thing and another this has now become last minute and rushed....

I currently have a ‘60 Day SETV’ which was issued by the Thai embassy in the UK prior to my arrival in Thailand.  This visa is stamped as ‘admitted until....29 September 2016’.

I will return to the UK on: 28 November 2016.

I’m planning to buy a one-way plane ticket(today) to travel from Bangkok->Vientienne(leaving tomorrow).  I will stay in Laos: 7 - 15 days before returning to Thailand and hopefully receiving a 30 Day SETV on arrival at Bangkok airport, once that expires I will apply for a 30 Day Extension via the local Immigration Office in Bangkok....to cover me until: 28 November 2016.  Should it make any difference I will be flying back to Bangkok from Luang Prabang airport.

As I understand it, I will be issued with a 30 Day Laos Visa on arrival at Vientienne at a cost of around 1500 Baht?

I also want to check(before pulling the trigger on the plane tickets to Laos) that I’ve understood the Laos border run thing as it’s very confusing trying to research this....

I’m travelling with a Thai national, afaik they will also receive a 30 Day Laos Visa on arrival for the same cost of 1500 Baht?  

Anything else I need to consider?

Thanks!

Edited by onthesoi

There is nothing wrong with your visa exempt entry/30 day extension of stay plan, however, if you're going to be in Laos for so long you could get a SETV from the Embassy in Vientiane or the Consulate in Savannakhet. They are easily obtained for 1,000 baht.

1. You'll get 30 days on arrival at Bangkok regardless of where you've flown from.
  2. Yes your Laos visa on arrival will cost 1,500 baht. 
  3. Your Thai friend does not need a visa and will be granted 30 days when entering Laos.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1