Bangkok Forest Kindergarten

• 2 weeks later...

As there's been no response maybe I can widen the question!

Is kindergarten appropriate for children under 3 years old?  There are plenty of international kindergartens in Bangkok which take kids from around 18 months.  It seems very early to me.

Bangkok Forest International Kindergarten charges around 90,000 baht per term for mornings only, which, when combined with the registration fee of 60,000 baht, seems very high.

Baanrak Kindergarten on Soi Saeng Chan (Rama 4) seems like a reasonable alternative.

In answer to the age appropriate question, we sent our boy to kindergarten from just over 2 years old - wasn't planned, but that's how it worked out. At the time we were living in the sticks and only had Thai schools as an option, so I asked my wife to register him at the best private available one thinking it might be booked a few months in advance and she came back with a uniform(!) and told me he started the next day. A 7 hour day as well..

Was perfectly prepared to pull him out, or just do a half day and pay for the full one, but he genuinely loved it from the very first day.

18 months however does seem exceedingly early. All kids are different of course.

We since moved to BKK (close to Phra Khanong actually) and he now goes to an international kindergarten here which is really fantastic, but expensive - similar rate to yours and also a 4 hour day. Bangkok Forest looks great from their website, certainly a place we would have considered had it existed when we moved here.

Archived