A policeman involved in a Koh Samui pub shootout dismissed from service

rooster59

A policeman involved in a Koh Samui pub shootout dismissed from service

117_Pub-wpcf_728x409.jpg

KOH SAMUI:-- One Koh Samui police officer was temporarily dismissed from police service and seven others were transferred to inactive posts at the operations centre of Surat Thani police following a shootout at a pub on the resort island earlier this week in which two patrons were killed and five others seriously injured.

The Surat Thani police commander ordered the temporary dismissal of Pol L/Cpl Narongsak Kamjai who was already charged with murder, attempted murder and carrying firearms into town without proper reason.

The seven other policemen attached to Bor Pud police station on Koh Samui were transferred to the operations centre of Surat Thani police command.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/policeman-involved-koh-samui-pub-shootout-dismissed-service/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-24

Samui Shootout: Cop on double murder charge

SURIYA PATATHAYO,
SUWANNEE BUNDISAK

30296069-01_big.jpg

TWO PEOPLE died and five were injured, including fellow officers, after a policeman allegedly opened fire with his pistol during a brawl at a Koh Samui beer bar early yesterday morning.

Double murder suspect Pol Lance Corporal Narongsak Khamjai, of Bo Phud Police Station, was dismissed from the civil service following the incident, according to deputy police spokesman Pol Colonel Krisana Pattanacharoen, while five colleagues were transferred to inactive posts pending an internal investigation.

Narongsak's friend, Pol Lance Corporal Jaresak Soisangwal, and bar security guard Kraisorn Mingsakul both died in hospital from gunshot wounds.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Cop-on-double-murder-charge-30296069.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-24

Narongsak's friend, Pol Lance Corporal Jaresak Soisangwal, and bar security guard Kraisorn Mingsakul both died in hospital from gunshot wounds.

his friend ! And the moral of the story is don't have Thai friends because they will more than likely kill you or make you die

I'm guessing "temporarily dismissed" means he's be on dismissed status until for some reason in the future, the criminal charges are dropped or he's found guilty of some minor charge instead of the one's he's currently facing.

Then it's back to duty as normal. This guy was just protecting and serving, after all! :ph34r:

I used to do solo day trips in my Jeep down the coast from Tijuana to Ensenada, cut East through the mountains and wine country, then re-enter the US via the small, quiet Tecate border station. 

Decided to stay the night once at the golf country club resort on the outskirts of Tecate, and drove into town that evening.   Not much going on so I wandered into a small local, leaned on the bar supping a cold Tecate beer when in walks a sharp looking dude dressed in western/cowboy style clothing, expensive Stetson hat, big pistol holstered on his trouser belt.  Figured him for a Federale, and he had a couple rough looking guys and a beautiful female with him.  I'm not squeamish about firearms, I own several (in the US) but in a bar, over the border, at night..... yeah, definitely caught my attention.  They started in on a bottle and beers, doted over by the bar staff, so I had one more and got the hell outta there.  Didn't want to be the only gringo in sight when they got into the fire water.  Some of the cops here remind me of that kind of macho swagger.   Alcohol can certainly bring out the beast.

the crazed police officer completely went off the line and went berserk shooting at so many people, killing two and injuring several others. since this happened in personal capacity rather than course of duty the shooter is certainly responsible for his actions/

On 24/09/2016 at 9:51 AM, maoro2013 said:

These are serious charges, any civilian would be under arrest to await court proceedings.

I also wonder if this will eventually resolve by creating another member of the inactive post brigade.

very likely he will spend time in prison.

On 24/09/2016 at 10:32 AM, 55Jay said:

0100.  "Camp Beer".  Add alcohol, armed Thai police and some tourists.  What could go wrong?

nothing should unless people go and invite trouble. here the police officer's  ego was hurt and he took the foolish way of showing his force.

Archived