Man killed after his car fell 15 metres from expressway

rooster59

Man killed after his car fell 15 metres from expressway

2309004-wpcf_728x410.jpg

PATHUM THANI:-- A man was crushed to death behind the steering wheel when his car fell 15 metres from the expressway onto the ground in Sam Koke district of Pathum Thani province Friday afternoon.

Sam Koke district police were later rushed to the scene with rescue workers from Ruamkatanyu foundation who used hand tools to pull the victim out of the car wreckage.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-killed-car-fell-15-metres-expressway/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-24

I watching this on the Thai news at the moment... 

It looks like he either fell asleep at the wheel, OR took the exit turn from the Express way too late and too fast in the wet. 

The terrible road design acted like a ramp to launch him off the expressway. 

Other countries (US) employ water barrels to prevent such events.

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It looks like he either fell asleep at the wheel, OR took the exit turn from the Express way too late and too fast in the wet. 

The US, again mentioned for all it's wonderfullness, god's gift to the human race.

5 hours ago, gdgbb said:

The US, again mentioned for all it's wonderfullness, god's gift to the human race.

done far more  good for the world than Thailand ever has especially for the  millions of immigrants who went there

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

"OR took the exit turn from the Express way too late and too fast in the wet. "

You nailed it. Too fast for the prevailing conditions.

"A man was crushed to death behind the steering wheel when his car fell 15 metres from the expressway..."

Shouldn't this read: "Man killed as a result of driving too fast for the wet road conditions"?

Typical reporting here. Blaming the death on gravity and not on  personal irresponsibility. It's a bit too late to help him save face.

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've noticed that too - forks between slip roads and the the expressway are divided by concrete ramps that taper from the top of the dividing wall down to the road surface. Hit one while travelling at speed, and you would be launched over the dividing wall and fall to the ground below.

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

I've noticed that too - forks between slip roads and the the expressway are divided by concrete ramps that taper from the top of the dividing wall down to the road surface. Hit one while travelling at speed, and you would be launched over the dividing wall and fall to the ground below.

I personally  like the way they fold  down the metal crash barriers at the ends in such a way that to hit it from the front  would flip the car onto its roof

a lot of lanes where it separates on the highway seems to have a sloping angle where if a car drives on top, it is very easy for you to launch your car off the highway, although they have some plastic barrier, its not enough if a car is going at some speed

On September 24, 2016 at 11:59 PM, gdgbb said:

Is this a very weak attempt at a US Bash ?...

I'm not from the US btw - but with a balanced and unbiased mind which doesn't seek negativity and bitterness in every comment I can see more clearly how some designs no matter from which country are simply better designed and safer...