Charlotte shooting: family releases video of Keith L Scott's last moments

rooster59

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know now that Charlotte is a cover up and how do I know you ask ?

I saw Jesse Jackson being interviewed on BBC and he told me along with identifying the clear pattern of black men being shot.

He covered almost everything you can imagine but never once mentioned black on black crime.

2 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I know now that Charlotte is a cover up and how do I know you ask ?

I saw Jesse Jackson being interviewed on BBC and he told me along with identifying the clear pattern of black men being shot.

He covered almost everything you can imagine but never once mentioned black on black crime.

Or that almost every single one of Black Lives Matter's issues have turned out to be bogus - justified shootings by the police. 

1 minute ago, Ulysses G. said:

Or that almost every single one of Black Lives Matter's issues have turned out to be bogus - justified shootings by the police. 

A friend posted a video on YouTube showing a black gal being jumped on, shoved to the ground and roughly hand cuffed.  She was saying police are brutal in the US and glad she didn't live there.

What wasn't on the video, was the part where the girl stabbed a worker in a restaurant, then stabbed the police when they went inside to deal with the situation, after a long time trying to get her to calm down.

You have to be careful what you see (and read) on the internet.  Lots of click bait out there...sadly.

The only thing i can say is ,why when an armed police officer tells you to do something , why not do it straight away ?

how many of you on here have been stopped by the police and not complied with what they say ?

Edited by i claudius

The under age 30 mentality of Blacks in the lower economic areas of America is built around a life of listening to Ghetto Rap - lyrics depicting violence, degradation of women, hatred of whites, guns, Gangstaism, drugs., hating cops, etc.  The lyrics are beyond reprehensible.   It has become a meme of an entire lifestyle with Facebook pages filled with photos of posing with guns, drugs and drug money, bragging about rape and robberies, gang murders and worse.  They extol hatred of cops - promote challenging police... They become self-indulgent in a 'The MAN keeps me down, I am being discriminated against, cops are out to kill me, etc.    This is a 24/7/365 lifestyle which all too often leads to confrontations with the police who are attempting to enforce arrest warrants, fugitive warrants, REAL traffic violations.  This is what drives the entire scenario of the so called police violence against blacks.   It doesn't matter that the FBI data does not uphold this fantasy.   Blacks in America come in contact more often with police because they commit the most crimes far outweighing their percentage of the total population.      If you do not think that what I describe is at the heart of the problem ... then you are willfully ignorant -- go do real research ... stop reacting just to emotion. 

I think he was in the car getting the gun and when he came out was armed. Too many police being killed now  for them to take chances with armed men.He played with guns and got shot his fault not racist or police violence simple survive in this violent new world we live in.

Charlotte Police Release Dash Cam and Body Camera Footage (Videos

A lab analysis conducted of the gun crime scene investigators recovered at the scene revealed the presence of Mr. Scott’s DNA and his fingerprints on the gun. It was also determined that the gun Mr. Scott possessed was loaded at the time of the encounter with the officers. The investigation also revealed that Mr. Scott was wearing an ankle holster at the time of the event.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/09/24/charlotte-police-release-dash-cam-and-body-camera-footage-videos/

5 minutes ago, JDGRUEN said:

Charlotte Police Release Dash Cam and Body Camera Footage (Videos

A lab analysis conducted of the gun crime scene investigators recovered at the scene revealed the presence of Mr. Scott’s DNA and his fingerprints on the gun. It was also determined that the gun Mr. Scott possessed was loaded at the time of the encounter with the officers. The investigation also revealed that Mr. Scott was wearing an ankle holster at the time of the event.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/09/24/charlotte-police-release-dash-cam-and-body-camera-footage-videos/

Yes, was all mentioned here already.

Where was the gun when he was shot, in the holster, in the car or in his hand?

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, was all mentioned here already.

Where was the gun when he was shot, in the holster, in the car or in his hand?

Read the report... if the report does not say .. .then I do not precisely know... 

21 minutes ago, dcutman said:

I would not have a problem at all with this, if, at anytime the man showed some sort of aggressive behavior. He clearly did not show that. In fact he was minding his own biz waiting for his kids to get off the school bus. He just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. IMO many of these police killings can be avoided by just taking a few minutes to calm things down or call in people that can deal with things rationally.

Yes the man was a convicted felon, and he served his 7 year sentence for that. It was 14 years ago and as far as I know he has been in no trouble since. Many here are making that the excuse for shooting this man, like a rabid dog.

See thats the thing, sure he did his time, but part of being convicted of a felony means losing parts of your rights, permanently. Firearms for example. There will always be an elevated amount of suspicion. Don't like it? Don't be a felon. 

Sure you can mind your own biz and wait for your kids, but, you know, he wasn't doing that. He was rolling a J, as a convicted felon waiting for his kids, in the possession of a firearm, cops found him, and the situation escalated. 

So what if you tried to calm him down, and he realizes that in the situation he is in, he is going to jail for a long time and decides to say <deleted> it and shoots, hurting either a cop, or an innocent, in the process? This is acceptable? 

There are two issues here. One is the immediate case of this man who may or may not have had a gun. Despite all the claims, that is very much a question in this incident.) Lots of comments that he had a gun. The Dash cam video does not easily show what if anything is in his LEFT hand (and reports state he is right handed.) The police officer's video does not show a gun. Look though at the wife's between time-stamp 1:56 and 2:02 ... in which video the camera briefly pans away and then the object/gun appears as the video pans back.

See the video and the story:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/24/us/charlotte-keith-scott-shooting-video.html?

Remaining video can be seen at

and the dashcam video where Keith Scott exits his vehicle and begins walking backwards - hands open at 0:45 seconds.

I draw attention to one paragraph in the NYT story: "The lawyers also brought attention to an object that they said could be seen on the ground near Mr. Scott after he was shot. They said the object seemed to appear in the video after the camera panned away briefly, in a place where no object was previously visible." The object appears just beyond the shadow of the policeman in the red shirt on the far right in the picture above and approximately in line with the rear wheel of the vehicle in the background. near the end of the video, the officer in a white shirt who is standing looking down at the victim (his head and white shoe on his left foot are visible in the same picture above) moves over and picks up the object with his left hand.

The other issue is that people have taken to the streets of Charlotte. Why are so many black people losing their lives in situations where proportionally more white people are apprehended alive? This is the broader context of which people are greatly incensed.

I think if we are going to speculate here, it should be mentioned that this is a big man, no doubt with big hands, and I read earlier that he had an ankle holster. And this would mean a small gun, difficult to see by us (Watching body cam vids)

58 minutes ago, JDGRUEN said:

The under age 30 mentality of Blacks in the lower economic areas of America is built around a life of listening to Ghetto Rap - lyrics depicting violence, degradation of women, hatred of whites, guns, Gangstaism, drugs., hating cops, etc.  The lyrics are beyond reprehensible.   It has become a meme of an entire lifestyle with Facebook pages filled with photos of posing with guns, drugs and drug money, bragging about rape and robberies, gang murders and worse.  They extol hatred of cops - promote challenging police... They become self-indulgent in a 'The MAN keeps me down, I am being discriminated against, cops are out to kill me, etc.    This is a 24/7/365 lifestyle which all too often leads to confrontations with the police who are attempting to enforce arrest warrants, fugitive warrants, REAL traffic violations.  This is what drives the entire scenario of the so called police violence against blacks.   It doesn't matter that the FBI data does not uphold this fantasy.   Blacks in America come in contact more often with police because they commit the most crimes far outweighing their percentage of the total population.      If you do not think that what I describe is at the heart of the problem ... then you are willfully ignorant -- go do real research ... stop reacting just to emotion. 

Exactly the point PLUS in top of that they now hear a black POTUS and people like BLM and others condoning their violence because it is white societies fault.

I remember when Rodney King was beaten - and I was shocked. But what that video didnt show was that he was off his face on alcohol/drugs, drove at over 80mph through residential streets for nearly 20 minutes avoiding the police and damaging many vehicles and nearly killing several people. It also didnt show that he was a very large man and that he refused to lay down on the ground, as his passengers all did (note - no video of them). It also didnt show that he refused to get down and stay down, that they tasered him twice and yet he still got up each time, that he then tried to run and tackled one of the cops injuring her, that he was then 'beaten down with batons, that he still got up again, and that the senior police officer then instructed his men to hit his knees, and legs to stop him getting back up again, and that it then still took 8 policemen to subdue and get handcuffs on him.

Sure, they went too far - and clearly they became too violent - but they didn't shoot him dead.  When the officers were found not guilty of assault, the were riots in LA and 55 people were killed. It all started there - punk rapper scum made up 'songs' about it and have have millions out of it - and they are still making millions today.  

1 hour ago, JDGRUEN said:

If it is not in the reports or articles, then how do you know that Mr. Keith Scott listened to Rap music?

If it is not in the reports or articles, then how can you say that Mr. Keith Scott was self-indulgent?

Have you seen Mr. Keith Scott's Facebook page? If not and if it is not in the reports or articles, then how can you insinuate that it will contain pictures of him posing with guns and drug money?

Forgive my willful ignorance but is not your stereotyping of Black people and your lack of any sense of respect for them as people indicative of the problem? People are perfectly free to choose who they like and don't like but when people start stereotyping entire groups on the basis of their dislikes - well there are words for that. One might balk at the presumption of someone who does this to lecture us on what we should know and do.

4 hours ago, Strange said:

Not just police, but people in their homes in the neighborhood around them. Convicted felon with a firearm that refuses to put it down in a residential area is an even higher risk, not just to the police, but to people in their homes as well. 

Anyway I'm having trouble seeing what the problem is... What should have the police have done? Try and talk him down? What if he got a couple shots off before the police took him down? What if they hit a house and a little kid or something horrible like that, and people would STILL be upset with the police because they didn't take action. What if the cops got hit before they took him down? 

You believe that on the basis of a bunch of 'what ifs', in other words your imagination, that Mr. Keith Scott should have been executed without due process?

You believe that Mr. Keith Scott's previous record has some bearing on the reason why he was executed without due process?

What should police do in this situation. Well, instead of being amped up glory boys and shouting profanities to Mrs. Scott who repeatedly begged these ill-trained public servants, perhaps they could have asked Mrs. Scott to intercede while they stayed behind cover and assessed the situation more fully. The could have done a variety of things. They should have done anything but kill this person and leave his dying body unattended while they stood around and chewed the fat.

Even the law enforcement industry believes that de-escalation should be taken seriously http://www.policemag.com/channel/careers-training/articles/2016/03/de-escalation-training-learning-to-back-off.aspx

There are police forces who have a track record in de-escalation, examples of which have been posted on this thread, including Boston and Scotland http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-07-08/most-police-officers-scotland-dont-carry-guns-how-do-they-do-it

The rationalizations that have been offered in defense of those who executed this man are not sufficient and promote a view that is informed by institutionalized disrespect for people, an abuse of power by small minded petty officialdom bolstered by uniforms and weapons and clearly stereotyping of minorities (otherwise known as racism).

Mr. Keith Scott did not deserve to die that day because he had prior convictions. He did not deserve to die because he was intellectually impaired due to physical trauma. He did not deserve to die because he was black.

53 minutes ago, RPCVguy said:

There are two issues here. One is the immediate case of this man who may or may not have had a gun. Despite all the claims, that is very much a question in this incident.) Lots of comments that he had a gun. The Dash cam video does not easily show what if anything is in his LEFT hand (and reports state he is right handed.) The police officer's video does not show a gun. Look though at the wife's between time-stamp 1:56 and 2:02 ... in which video the camera briefly pans away and then the object/gun appears as the video pans back.

See the video and the story:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/24/us/charlotte-keith-scott-shooting-video.html?

Remaining video can be seen at

and the dashcam video where Keith Scott exits his vehicle and begins walking backwards - hands open at 0:45 seconds.

I draw attention to one paragraph in the NYT story: "The lawyers also brought attention to an object that they said could be seen on the ground near Mr. Scott after he was shot. They said the object seemed to appear in the video after the camera panned away briefly, in a place where no object was previously visible." The object appears just beyond the shadow of the policeman in the red shirt on the far right in the picture above and approximately in line with the rear wheel of the vehicle in the background. near the end of the video, the officer in a white shirt who is standing looking down at the victim (his head and white shoe on his left foot are visible in the same picture above) moves over and picks up the object with his left hand.

The other issue is that people have taken to the streets of Charlotte. Why are so many black people losing their lives in situations where proportionally more white people are apprehended alive? This is the broader context of which people are greatly incensed.

Because national FBI data shows the following to be totally untrue  - see the video 'Does the Truth Matter' above... your assumption cannot be supported by factual data.

"The other issue is that people have taken to the streets of Charlotte. Why are so many black people losing their lives in situations where proportionally more white people are apprehended alive? This is the broader context of which people are greatly incensed. "

43 minutes ago, dcutman said:

Lets assume for the sake of argument he had a gun in his hand. In the 5 or 6 seconds he was out of his car, before being shot, did he make any sudden or aggressive movements.

You may well find that the state law governing police use of deadly force does not require that a gun be pointed at an officer... I do not know for sure what NC law is in this matter ... but in many states - just holding the gun -- ignoring the demands to drop the gun is enough to allow deadly force.. 

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

This video is great.  Like Morgan says, you stop racism by stop talking about it.

Undiscussed, it will go unspoken as a lot of it is now; but go it will.

Edited by MaxYakov
expansion

All you arm chair judges have probably never been in a real life or death situation but can discuss how or what should gave happened. I think most posters here should go out in the real world and get shot at few times then see how they would react to someone coming at them with a gun in their hand.

31 minutes ago, JDGRUEN said:

I do not know for sure what NC law is in this matter ... but in many states - just holding the gun -- ignoring the demands to drop the gun is enough to allow deadly force.. 

The use of deadly force as defined for a LEO is lawful when the officer reasonably believes the subject poses a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to themselves or others. The use of deadly force by law enforcement is also lawful when used to prevent the escape of a fleeing felon when the officer believes escape would pose a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to members of the public.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_force

2 minutes ago, craftyone said:

The use of deadly force as defined for a LEO is lawful when the officer reasonably believes the subject poses a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to themselves or others. The use of deadly force by law enforcement is also lawful when used to prevent the escape of a fleeing felon when the officer believes escape would pose a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to members of the public.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_force

Man, I sure do love me some facts. 

9 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

All you arm chair judges have probably never been in a real life or death situation but can discuss how or what should gave happened. I think most posters here should go out in the real world and get shot at few times then see how they would react to someone coming at them with a gun in their hand.

Spot on.  

If the general public gave as much thought as to the laws that govern them and the officers sworn to enforce said laws, much of the public outcry over the latest movements (BLM) would lose their momentum overnight. 

10 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Hmm, no. Those officers are supposed to have received proper training how to handle situations like this without it getting out of hand. Arm chair judges are supposed to judge them.