My (good) experience at Samui immigration in Nathon then Maenam

First I want to thanx Thaivisa members : @samuijimmy , @VirgoSG, @Tchooptip  and Karen F from facebook who have been all very helpful.

So I am a French citizen (sorry for my poor English) 60 yo living in Koh Pha Ngan and I was going for my third extension.
The 2 first, I have been obliged to pay 5000 baths (don’t need to argue about that, please, I had really no choice).

My yearly extension was due on 26 september, but I had to make a 90 day report on 16 September.
So I went to Immigration Nathon hoping they will accept my extension even I was early of 11 days.

Apply in the same time for 1 year extenson, 90 days report and reentry permit....

I went on thusday 15.

I was in and out in less than 20 mn. Lady (very nice) check all my papers, give me a number, and told me to come back in 2 hours. Come back at immigration at about 11, and have to wait. OK i wait no problem. Then she bring my passport with all papers, and someone have put a sticker on it with what was not good.... I had not make photocopies of my passport but instead make picture which i have print very clear.... No good they say. Same for my bankbook. So i say sorry, can you make them for me. She go, complete my folder, prepare the bill and told me, sorry sir, but big chief is not here to sign for retirement visa, you have to come back next week at the new immigration.

She say he is not here today, tomorrow, because he is looking all things for the new place. Ok then.... When must i come back ? She say 23, then look calendar and say ok 21 better.....

So i let my passport to immigration for almost one week. I came back with the 130 lompraya boat full of fullmooners,

I have insisted to know if all my papers was ok and she have say 3 times yes.

By the way, i have been First western hospital, but pay only 650 baths coz i didn't want to make the xray. the lady at immigration have not at all ask me for the results of anything.... I think i could have save 400 baths. I dont care.

I had prepared my paper following the post of VirgoSG, which allways very clear and usefull.
Can be find here : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/938366-update-on-samui-immigration-needs-for-retirement-extension-august-2016/#comment-11063100)

I had also fulfill and print 2 times the new form, which they have accepted without problem.
The one they give to people look like crap… They are printed on the verso of some kind of billing from Santhya resort !

So, i did go back to New Immigration Maenam on 21 september.
Arrive at 8h40, i was out at 9h30 with my new 1 year extension, my re-entry permit and my 90 days report.
All good and pay the normal price : 1900 (extension 1 year) + 1000 (reentry permit) + 200 (10 photocopies).
I had make pictures printed of my passport and my bank book, but they want only photocopies... My mistake.

FOR PEOPLE OF KOH PHA NGAN

How to get there ?
Take the Songserm boat to Nathon (200 baths). The lompraya is quicker but like it is almost allways late, it arrive at the same time in Samui and its 300 baths.
Mototaxi from Nathon Pier ask for 300 baths 2 ways
Here rent a motorbike (plenty of shop at the pier), drive your motorbike direction MAENAM-BOPHUT.
I have rent one for half day for 100 baths + 40 baths gasoline. It’s at about 13 km, about 25 mn (i drive slowly). When you arrive Maenam, you pass the Lompraya pier (on the left), ride 3 more km, pass in front of police Maenam and look closely the numbers of the soi on the right side of the road. Immigration is at soi 1 but it’s the only one not signaled... But before you can see the soi 4,3, 2.
There is a FAMILY MART just at the entrance of the soi and now a sign for Immigration.
Take it, drive about 300 meters and when you see KWANKAO RESTAURANT, have also a sign for immigration here, on the right side of the road, you are arrived.

It’s very big. Ground floor for fulfill your paperwork, first floor 1 desk for giving your paper and another one totally separate to collect it back.
People look all much more relax and welcoming.

There is already a shop for photocopies.
There is a Bar just in the courtyard where you can relax while waiting.
I took a expresso and pay 80 baths.... But they give me hot tea for free !...
Good luck to all.
Includes some pics of the new immigration.

map new immig.jpg

2016-09-21 08.49.05.jpg

2016-09-21 08.49.10.jpg

2016-09-21 08.49.18.jpg

2016-09-21 08.52.31.jpg

2016-09-21 08.52.34.jpg

2016-09-21 08.52.43.jpg

2016-09-21 08.57.43.jpg

2016-09-21 09.48.32.jpg

2016-09-21 09.49.53.jpg

• 1 month later...