Thailand to reduce 1.7 million tons of carbon dioxide released into the air this year

webfact

Thailand to reduce 1.7 million tons of carbon dioxide released into the air this year

BANGKOK, 26 September 2016 (NNT) - The Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization (TGO) has forecast that Thailand will be able to reduce carbon emissions by as much as 1.7 million tons this year. 

According to TGO Director Prasertsuk Jamornman, more than 90 organizations, people and producers are making efforts to reduce greenhouse gas. These include 14 organizations, three entrepreneurs and 76 people. 

Since the beginning of this year, there have been nine seminars and events on carbon emission reduction. Carbon footprint and global warming reduction labels have also been introduced to help consumers learn about the amount of carbon dioxide each product releases into the atmosphere. 

In addition, Thailand is the only country in ASEAN that complies with the international greenhouse gas reduction certifying process. A total of 648 products have so far joined the carbon emission reduction scheme which has enabled the country to reduce the amount of greenhouse gas released into the air by 1.3 million tons. 

With 42 more industrial organizations working to lowering carbon emissions, at least 400,000 tons of carbon dioxide is expected to be reduced by the end of this year. The TGO is also determined to decrease carbon emissions by 20% in 2030.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-26

Weren't they planning to build more coal fired power plants? That will help this cause!

Coal can be clean.
The technology is there.
But it costs money.
I built a few combined cycle 500mw natural gas fired plants.
Extremely clean burning.
Coal gasification, Syngas.
Integrated gasification combined cycle.
Not perfect but a step in the right direction.
It takes a commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What nonsense! just paying lip service to?

The whole CO2 scenario as played out by Gore has been proven to be untrue!

May be an idea to start cleaning up some of the vehicles that are belching out noxious fumes! But that would mean making an effort, not words........

So the laws regrding charcoal manufacture that came into effect over 25years ago could now be implemented to aid in success for which the law states its completely illegal to make and sell for health reasons. In some country areas the smell is unbearable. Could imagine its a greenhouse killer aswell as a people killer.

Love my polluting bikes and cars though. Im guilty... 

Busses..gota go yesterday!

1 hour ago, CGW said:

What nonsense! just paying lip service to?

May be an idea to start cleaning up some of the vehicles that are belching out noxious fumes! But that would mean making an effort, not words........

Really? Says you and whose army?

14 organisations, 3 entrepreneurs and 76 people, holy Moses !!!  Who are those 76 people who emit so much CO2 -  not government spokesmen surely !   Sometimes BS is funny and we can all laugh and make jokes, but this one is so so absurd it is way beyond funny.  

OK my previous posts prove I'm a global warming sceptic but I do believe that we need to reduce pollution to survive on this little planet.  The pollution in Bangkok, the sugar burning, rubbish burning by the side of the roads and all the other problems in Thailand do nothing to even remotely justify this outrageous claim.