Problems using AEON A.T.M,s

imaderbyfan

Here in Kanchanaburi we have a choice of about 3 AEON A.T.M,s all in shopping malls, there is indeed a branch inside of Robinsons.

Up until about 1 month ago, I was able to use all of these machines, to withdraw up to the maximum 20,000 baht, and incur the slightly reduced 150 baht fee.

For the last month, however, all of these machines have refused my attempts at withdrawals. They accept my card take me through to the select amount option, which I enter, then I get, "invalid transaction".

I have tried to take lesser amounts, thinking the limit had been changed, with the same result.

I have a Halifax Clarity credit card (Mastercard) which was issued only a few months ago, and the same card has worked with these ATM,s before.

This card works normally with all other bank ATM,s that I have tried, since being unable to access AEON.

I have E mailed AEON head office and received what appeared a stock reply of  "our ATM,s accept all chipped credit cards"

I have also inquired as to any change of policy in the branch, "Don't know of any" was the reply.

Has anyone else been having similar problems with AEON using debit/credit cards?

Edited by imaderbyfan
spelling