Road Rage: Teen shoots at truck in Phuket Town

webfact

Road Rage: Teen shoots at truck in Phuket Town

Phuket Gazette 

pkt2.jpeg          

An 18-year old points to the homemade gun he used to shoot at a truck in Phuket Town. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A teenage motorcyclist was arrested on Saturday evening for shooting at a 6-wheel truck in Phuket Town.

The 18-year old reportedly shot at one of the truck's wheels in anger after it nearly ran him over.

“We had a report about the shooting on Srisana Road in Phuket Town at 4pm,” said Phuket City Police Lt Col Naruebadin Pangleesen, adding that police checked CCTV footage taken in the area and quickly identified the culprit.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Road-Rage-Teen-shoots-truck-Phuket-Town/65629?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-09-26

17 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Reading the full story the name has not been released as he is a minor.  But he is 18 years old ... I thought that 18 has adult status ?

I suppose that they meant 18 years old as the Thais count age, so 1 at birth. Would make him 17 everywhere else.

Today on bypass road a taxi driver nearly ran me over. I was driving in my lane behind another car when the taxi driver started slowly drifting into my lane. We all didn't go too fast, maybe 50km/h because there was quite a bit of traffic. I honked him thinking he didn't see me, maybe I was in the blind spot. He didn't react. Then I was right next to his window while he continued to drift into my lane, now he was already half into my lane with his car and didn't leave me much space. I honked once more and he didn't stop. Like he just couldn't give a f... so I sped up a bit just to avoid him pushing me out of the road. Got a bit close to the car in front but what choice did I have...

These people out there are completely insane and I get that some people get very angry when they nearly get killed. I would of course never shoot a gun but I'll definitely need a helmet cam to record these events and report them. It gotta stop!

45 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Why? Who's gonna make it happen?

What do you mean "Why?"? It should be pretty obvious why this has to stop.

As to who would make it happen: indeed that's the hard part and I wont hold my breath.

3 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

What do you mean "Why?"? It should be pretty obvious why this has to stop.

As to who would make it happen: indeed that's the hard part and I wont hold my breath.

You don't know why I ask why?

Because stopping it is not necessary.

Because all accidents, near-misses and their consequences are the direct manifestation of karma. On whether those affected by road accidents have a karmic plus, or minus next to their name in the "book of life".

If it happened, it was meant to happen.

This has to be true because of all the amulets and blessings that are involved with most vehicles.

Warning: these might not necessarily be my own beliefs......

4 minutes ago, ChoakMyDee said:

The kid deserves a medal. I don't know how many times I've seen near fatalities with those trucks driving like idiots.

...but, what if, next time, it is a packed-full tourist (or school) bus?

and he succeeds with taking it out...

Edited by tifino