‘Troubled lawyer’ gunman killed by police after injuring nine in Houston, Texas

webfact

‘Troubled lawyer’ gunman killed by police after injuring nine in Houston, Texas

606x341_345011.jpg

HOUSTON, TX: -- In the United States a gunman described as a “troubled lawyer” has shot and injured at least nine people in Houston, Texas – before being fatally shot by police, the authorities say.

The man opened fire at roughly 6:30 a.m. local time near the intersection of Wesleyan & Bissonnet streets near a shopping centre in the southwest of the city.

Houston Police say shots were fired between officers and the suspect, who was then shot by officers.

Six victims were taken to hospitals and three were treated at the scene after being short at while inside their vehicles in the wealthy neighbourhood of West University Place, acting Houston Police Chief Martha Montalvo told reporters.

One of the victims was in a critical condition and another was in a serious condition.

Montalvo said the suspect was a lawyer and had concerns about his law firm. Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, in Cuba on a trade development trip, also said the motivation appeared to be “a lawyer whose relationship with his law firm went bad”.

The police bomb squad was sent to the scene to secure the suspect’s car, which reportedly had numerous weapons inside. Police were planning to search his house.

An eyewitness told a local television station she heard “the bullets literally whiz by my window” as she showed her car with two bullet holes in the windshield.

Numerous police cars and ambulances were sent to the scene.

with Reuters

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-27

1 minute ago, Thechook said:

Just another day in the U.S.  Hard to believe these daily mass shootings even make news now.  

Gives CNN an excuse to have special coverage and trot out their panel of ' experts ' who just keep repeating the same things hour after hour, incident after incident.

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

Just another day in the U.S.  Hard to believe these daily mass shootings even make news now.  

Right, it will easy to report on days whereby there isn't any shootings than the other way around, in a nation of 340 million people hyped on booze, drugs and racial tensions, one should expect such acts on a daily bases really...

6 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Gives CNN an excuse to have special coverage and trot out their panel of ' experts ' who just keep repeating the same things hour after hour, incident after incident.

Agree 100%. They are just so lazy and they love it when all they have to do is just keep on the same subject with all their experts and ignoring all the other news.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Mentally ill?  Been radicalised by the Nazi boys?  No as has already been said, just another day in gun crazy America.  Those boys love their guns so I guess they are OK with the results 

Personally, I would consider anyone wearing a nazi uniform to be in some capacity suffering from mental illness. But I am not a doctor.

Sadly, this is just another day in America but you are wrong that any reasonable American is not bothered by this and wishing a speedy recovery to the victims. 

If only someone driving by had a good rifle in their vehicle this guy could have been put down before he caused so much harm.

4 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Personally, I would consider anyone wearing a nazi uniform to be in some capacity suffering from mental illness. But I am not a doctor.

Sadly, this is just another day in America but you are wrong that any reasonable American is not bothered by this and wishing a speedy recovery to the victims. 

If only someone driving by had a good rifle in their vehicle this guy could have been put down before he caused so much harm.

Ha! Ha!  Only a gun loving American would come out with that line!  Nice to hear that although you concede that he probably was mentally ill the answer is to shoot the poor man anyway!  We really are from different planets!

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Ha! Ha!  Only a gun loving American would come out with that line!  Nice to hear that although you concede that he probably was mentally ill the answer is to shoot the poor man anyway!  We really are from different planets!

I did not say he was mentally ill...I said anyone running around in a nazi costume probably has mwntsl issues. But personally the only important thing about this mans mental state is his desire to kill people and his decision to act on that desire. 

Man with gun shooting people concerns me. How about you? 

What would they do on your planet? Walk up to him and ask him to stop? Or would they call the police and sit on their thumb for seversl minutes for the police to arrive meanwhile the nazi shoots another 6-10 people? 

This earthling would like to know.:post-4641-1156694572:

On my planet people do not feel the need to carry guns therefore there is not a gun culture therefore access to guns and licences to carry them are strictly controlled.  Which means that the likelihood of someone (wearing or not wearing a Nazi uniform, with or without mental issues) having guns is highly unlikely.  In other words on my planet shootings are not as popular as on your planet.

That is not to say that your planet is right or wrong, they are just different points of view.  I am sure that you prefer your way to mine and I respect that.

6 hours ago, dunroaming said:

On my planet people do not feel the need to carry guns therefore there is not a gun culture therefore access to guns and licences to carry them are strictly controlled.  Which means that the likelihood of someone (wearing or not wearing a Nazi uniform, with or without mental issues) having guns is highly unlikely.  In other words on my planet shootings are not as popular as on your planet.

That is not to say that your planet is right or wrong, they are just different points of view.  I am sure that you prefer your way to mine and I respect that.

As a farmer/rancher I would still qualify for permit.

Have you any ideas on collecting the 300,000,000 firearms from people who don't want to give them up ?  ;-)

49 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

As a farmer/rancher I would still qualify for permit.

Have you any ideas on collecting the 300,000,000 firearms from people who don't want to give them up ?  ;-)

Staggering amount of firearms!  You guys have created your society and  you are where you are.  The 2nd amendment is the price you pay.  There is no will to curb guns in the USA but hey! that is your call.  

6 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Staggering amount of firearms!  You guys have created your society and  you are where you are.  The 2nd amendment is the price you pay.  There is no will to curb guns in the USA but hey! that is your call.  

You are one of the few who actually grasps the quantity of firearms.

Most say collect them up but have no appreciation of the scope of such an endeavor.