good t.v.

hoffy66

Hi People,  

To start i need to tell you all, i am not very tech.savvy i am now not working and find that the tv is mostly just thai i did read a bit about some black box out of england 125 quid less some discount for being a visa member, can anybody point me in the right direction as to what i should get to be able watch english speaking movies?  the local people here in ayutthaya said to put a black dish on the roof and that will do the trick, but last time i tried one of those it did not give me much variety, thanks in advance.

eddie.

Don't buy anything from the UK…specially the pre-loaded boxes….once something goes tits up you will be left dangling. That price is crazy too.

These boxes require constant updating and maintenance….so you'd better learn.

My advice….buy a Minix X8H Plus from lazada or at your local IT mall…they are widely available in thailand.

It is just an android computer….but hooked up to a tv monitor.

Get on the minix forums or kodi forums and research how to set it up….ask questions there.

All you have to do is download a few apps onto it and bingo.

Once you get it sorted you will have any film or tv show you possibly could want. Live TV too altho that's slightly complicated at this stage.

Start slow, go slow and it will work for you.

47 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Id never get a firestick since it has very little memory and Kodi needs a little breathing room….better to spend a bit more and get a nice android box with 8GB memory and 2GB RAM…..plus you can also install a SD Card to extend memory.

Kodi works fine, I use three different IPTV providers on it plus Netflix.

I have one on every TV including the office, and I stream news channels every day at work.

You just need something that cleans the cache occasionally, and there are lots of options in the Amazon store.

And it's far more portable than the boxes.

That's 16.1.  Not sure what will happen with 17.0 but not worried about that at the moment.

Edited by Chicog