Most Thais spend 14 waking hours doing nothing physically, study shows

snoop1130

17 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

I think the headline should read most MALE Thais spend 14 waking hours doing nothing. That plus 1 hour 58 minutes and 15 seconds for eating three meals a day, thus leaving 1 minute and 45 seconds for sex and 8 hours for sleeping. Tough being a male Thai!

I was told the thai male only needs 45 seconds for sex... one minute discrepancy!!! 

4 hours ago, Kabula said:

I don't believe a word of it.

If the study was true most would starve to death from lack of money and be homeless.

Surely, the men would be single.

Who does these studies?  The mentally challenged?  ?

mahidol university hospitals-medical school actually gets their work published in internationally recognized journals and the academic level is quite decent since prince mahidol studied medicine in the usa and brought it to thailand.  would be good to know how many were surveyed, demographics, etc etc.   

in bangkok i see an alarming % of overweight and or obese people of all ages from children to older adults.  while it is true a % do work hard physically the general mindset is to avoid unessential movement. 

at the mrt train almost nobody will even walk down the stairs let alone up. lifts are typically full with young able bodied at some stations because they don't even want to walk farther to the escalator..

a high % pushing supermarket shopping carts will be stooped over forward resting their upper body on the cart as if it were some sort of bed on wheels.

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

She still has won the life lottery when compared to her fellow countrymen. 

I think it is quite common.  My wife gets up at 5 - goes to work.  Home at 6 and off to the gym 4 nites a week.  After she comes home from the gym she cleans inside and outside and yells at me and the dog for making a mess.  

If you don't have a Thai partner like this you have been cheated.  

21 hours ago, Crossy said:

My lady must be the exception, she spends every waking hour cooking, cleaning, ironing, gardening, chasing her pets etc. etc.

Oh, and "seeing to my needs" :tongue:

She must be Different.

Tongue in cheek.

From the Different Family.

22 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Do you any any relationship with any of these people? Perhaps a Thai friend or wife? I wonder what they would say to this offensive, racist remark.

in actuality my thai friends would agree and indeed have already been in agreement regarding such issues-comments. they are not offended in the least. they even tell me similar things

the terms racism and sexism have become daily staples, overused, and or inappropriately used very often. these terma along with others and political correctness have rendered entire population too scared to even think or talk.   please listen to dr ben carsons speech about political correctness  

it was the mahidol doctor's study produced the said results

Edited by atyclb

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

in actuality my thai friends would agree and indeed have already been in agreement regarding such issues-comments. they are not offended in the least. they even tell me similar things

Your Thai friends would agree that they do nothing mentally for 24 hours a day?

I suggest you find some new ones or you might slip into their ways.

4 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Your Thai friends would agree that they do nothing mentally for 24 hours a day?

I suggest you find some new ones or you might slip into their ways.

"in context" is not a difficult concept. my thai friends typically attended university in the uk, usa or other g7 countries. those that did not for whatever reason are "aware outside the box people"

The headline is highly misleading... 

....to suggest that 'Most' implying a majority of Thai's do nothing for 14 waking hours is moronic...  it also implies they sleep for 10 hours which is also idiotic.. 

If the article meant - 'Most Thai's do not do any physical exercise' it would be more palatable... the same article could be written for 'most people'... 

The headline is simply inflammatory click fodder... 

Edited by richard_smith237

19 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

I think the headline should read most MALE Thais spend 14 waking hours doing nothing. That plus 1 hour 58 minutes and 15 seconds for eating three meals a day, thus leaving 1 minute and 45 seconds for sex and 8 hours for sleeping. Tough being a male Thai!

If you believe the scientists when they say you increase your chances of having a son by abstaining from sex for a lengthy period of time (about a week), i can't believe that Thai men would get off their bums for a minute 45 seconds, most women I've spoken to about their active sex lives (they'll tell you if you ask!) say they only have sex once a month, once a week if they're under 30, any more would mean that they're sex "addicts" ! :sad::wai:

On 9/28/2016 at 2:33 PM, Gainsbourg said:

I was told the thai male only needs 45 seconds for sex... one minute discrepancy!!! 

You are getting close to the true figure. I allowed 1 minute for removal of cloths, 15 seconds for a slug of pre-coital Lao Khao leaving 30 seconds from go to whoa.