Serena Williams vows: 'I won't be silent' on police violence

webfact

Serena Williams vows: 'I won't be silent' on police violence

(BBC) Serena Williams has voiced her fears about police violence, writing on Facebook: "I won't be silent."

The US tennis star posted that she found herself feeling wary of law enforcement during a recent journey with her teenage nephew.

Williams said that when they drove by a patrol car she remembered a woman whose boyfriend was fatally shot by police.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37491889

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-09-28

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

so as far as the blacks are concerned only black lives matter but the statistics show that their deaths by police is much lower than whites why don't all lives matter ?

Rehashing the same old, same old?

Just one more time: all lives DO matter!

The fact that more whites die, may be because of words like "minority" or "majority" exist!

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Maybe she should remember all those killed by other black people.  They take far more lives than the police. 

Only they are not sworn to "serve and protect", like policemen/women are! 

Or are you saying that police = criminals?

Interesting point!

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

She can be as vocal as she wishes: from her gated community with state of the art electronic security and 24/7 armed guards

She can be as vocal as she wishes, because no matter where she lives, she has the freedom of expression.

Or do only poor people have the right to an opinion?

Or only the really rich...like Trump?

All you so called  sports super stars who are so concerned about the police violence against black males should  have the privilege of carrying a radio, some mace, and a night stick with you when you confront some black gang bangers or felons who simply don't want to be stopped.  They will shoot your  ass quicker than you can say BLM.   Bye the way, no gun allowed for you.  Remember, guns are only for criminals.    
And, when they do threaten you blow your ass away, give Al Sharpton,  Jessi Jackson,  BLM, or the ACLU a call to see if they can over and help you out.

31 minutes ago, patekatek said:

All you so called  sports super stars who are so concerned about the police violence against black males should  have the privilege of carrying a radio, some mace, and a night stick with you when you confront some black gang bangers or felons who simply don't want to be stopped.  They will shoot your  ass quicker than you can say BLM.   Bye the way, no gun allowed for you.  Remember, guns are only for criminals.    
And, when they do threaten you blow your ass away, give Al Sharpton,  Jessi Jackson,  BLM, or the ACLU a call to see if they can over and help you out.

Only they choose not to become cops...other than the cops, who choose to become cops!

33 minutes ago, tifino said:

if the Police were around more -  then maybe her sister might be still alive

You are joking right?

She was kiled in Compton by a vehicle containing 3 black males. The police were so close to the shooting that they heard the shots and responded immediately.

What would you have police do? About the only way this could have been avoided is by arresting all black males in the assumption they will eventually have committed a crime...so I suppose your suggestion would be "pre-emptive", eh?

Perhaps someone with better computer skills than myself will have more luck discovering how much of her millions of dollars she has donated to the disenfranchised black community. 

Surely someone with such compassion has given greatly...oh wait, she actually seems to only be concerned about her nephew and not the larger black community.

51 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Cute, how some of you can barely hide their racism and misogyny...:coffee1:

Well your assumptions are wrong so often and if you are addressing me then this is no exception.

I have been huge fans of both Serena & Venus since they started up through the rankings. But this is no different than Kap and his BS...their politics are racist.

Not surprising given that her father, Richard, was a blatant racist...but an amazing coach and father.

Edited by ClutchClark